Fights coming up - My routine - advise input sought

Gandhi

War Room Deep State
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Fighting amateur NHB on Sept 10th and MT on the 17th have been training for two weeks so far (actually have been going to class twice a week for a few months but training full time for two week - starting week three today. Here is my routine

So my week is (see below for definitions of each exercise)

Monday
Run
Tabs
Shadow MMA combos
GNP
Skalitos

Tuesday
Shadow MMA combos
GNP
Skalitos
Wrestling class

Wednesday
Neck core exercises
MTNHB class
BJJ class

Thursday
Run
Tabs
Wrestling class

Fridays
Neck core exercises
MTNHB class
BJJ class

Here is the description of what I do

-Run 30 mins at high speed (8 min miles slowest)

-Calisthenics - 20 minutes circuit changing them to tabata's this week

-Shadow/MMA combos on grappling dummy hung from my ceiling (like bas's combos but I have a computer program that calls out random combo's like 1 2 left round kick 1 3 double) 6 3 minute round with 30 seconds rest. Plus another program that calls out random hits like left or right of 1 or 2

If your body feels fine with it i would keep going.

Sounds like a good set up you got there.

can you define tabs (you refering to tabata)?

Looks fine to me, I would throw a rest day mid week and train say at and have sun off, maybe cut the 30 min high speed stuff and do some HIIT work or something more applicable to your fighting, but thats just nit picking on my part to be honest (and to be fair your doing a good deal of that stuff from what I can see, so maybe just use that 30 min run as a recovery workout on a off day, just to get a major sweat on and flush toxins out of your system).

First fight?

My first fight in 10 YEARS - i did 3 kickboxing fights amature back in the day. Thanks for the input guys keep it coming all appreciated.

By tabs i mean tabatas yes - i just did 5 sets (bw squats, push ups, chin ups, sit ups, should presses)

ttt for input

yeah, with all that I'd personally use the longer runs to get a sweat on and flush toxins out of your system. You haven't been doing this routine for that long, but if your doing alright up to now you should be ok (some people react badly to a sudden increase in volume, hence I suggested the sweat run as recovery)

Back