Fightmatrix all time HW MMA rankings... WTF :)!?

kaya

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
So here is the link:

Anyway.. I find a MAJOR glaring omission....

Where the heck is Ricco Rodriguez? It can be argued he BEAT Big Nog in Pride long ago (go watch the fight if you haven't, try to set aside any bias because Big Nog is totally epic and awesome haha)

Well I mean the manner in which you lose a decision (I thought he beat Nog too) isn't really going to get him any extra points in a totally objective elo style ranking system like fight matrix.

It is pretty surprising not to see him there though. It's a shame he couldn't keep his head in the game, he Ricco had a lot of potential and talent. I think I saw that he was selling his championship belt on ebay some years ago too, which is truly sad.

Derrick Lewis is too high. I get that he defies the laws of physics but he’s not better than jones or rizzo.

Prime for prime I take Cain but his prime was like 3 years then he fell apart so Yeah Fedor gotta be 1.

So here is the link:

Anyway.. I find a MAJOR glaring omission....

Where the heck is Ricco Rodriguez? It can be argued he BEAT Big Nog in Pride long ago (go watch the fight if you haven't, try to set aside any bias because Big Nog is totally epic and awesome haha)
Rankings usually aren't worth a flying fuck tbh, it's just opinions.

This is the beauty of Fight Matrix. There is no room for emotion. It’s a mathematical formula.
Can you explain how they calculate their rankings? I find it odd Royce Gracie is ranked so high since he only had 3 fights at HW according to his Tapology.

Lesnar has 1/3 the number of wins and yet 3x the number of points Tom Aspinall has?

Can you explain how they calculate their rankings? I find it odd Royce Gracie is ranked so high since he only had 3 fights at HW according to his Tapology.

Lesnar has 1/3 the number of wins and yet 3x the number of points Tom Aspinall has?

It's not explained super clearly but

The rating system is division-adjusted, not division-specific. In other words, fighters carry their previous achievements with them to their new divisions. If Joe Smith moves from Welterweight to Lightweight and has the 5th most points at Lightweight, he’s not necessarily the 5th best Lightweight, he is the 5th best fighter currently fighting at Lightweight. This stands true as long as Joe beat a semi-legitimate opponent with the last 3 years in the division he is currently ranked. If not, some points are temporarily removed until he does so, or returns to his previous division.

Last few sentences obviously not being applied to this all time list

why would he be there? people know him because he had a lot of potential that eventually, went unrealized. people don't know him because he has some long string of high quality victories.

overeem also feels incredibly low. #16? bas rutten is higher? nah.

Royce Gracie being #10 is weird, higher than Cro Cop, Couture, Overeem etc..etc.... And Lesnar being so low is weird to, but besides that it looks good.

Coleman better ranked than Reem?
Schilt, who lost to every top MMA fighter he fought, is ranked at 20, better than Frank Mir, BB, Volkov, Blaydes?

Also, I forgot Dan Severn had almost 130 fights. Jesus!

Back