• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fighting Games Discussion

Thanks for reminding me.
beta.jpg

926VjNW

Played some beta, it took me some googling to know that you need to turn on steam input for SF6 if you're playing on arcade stick with PC.

Been maining Ryu for the beta. I was doing pretty good until I ran into a Ken who felt like every button was +. They carried over his medium tatsu plus frames that I forgot about.

The run cancel will take some getting used to. Once I get my Zeku timing back down I think I’ll be good. It’s very similar to his moveset with his VT.

Overall, there is so much to do and cool things to check out. The clothes are awesome and the battle hub is great. Only thing is I hate the camera angle running around on stick.

Been maining Ryu for the beta. I was doing pretty good until I ran into a Ken who felt like every button was +. They carried over his medium tatsu plus frames that I forgot about.

The run cancel will take some getting used to. Once I get my Zeku timing back down I think I’ll be good. It’s very similar to his moveset with his VT.

Overall, there is so much to do and cool things to check out. The clothes are awesome and the battle hub is great. Only thing is I hate the camera angle running around on stick.

It felt like that when I was playing the Ken mirror match. It seemed like his Ken had more plus frames than my Ken, heh. Still, it was a fun FT10.

It felt like that when I was playing the Ken mirror match. It seemed like his Ken had more plus frames than my Ken, heh. Still, it was a fun FT10.

It was that new foot stomp too that kept catching me off guard. A lot of wake up Drive Impacts that are pretty annoying. Getting used to that will be important. Also played a few people with modern controls. Talk about target combos.

It was that new foot stomp too that kept catching me off guard. A lot of wake up Drive Impacts that are pretty annoying. Getting used to that will be important. Also played a few people with modern controls. Talk about target combos.

Perhaps one thing you could do is to try to bait out DI and counter it with your own.

I didn't run into anyone playing modern controls, but in my first match I didn't realize it was set to modern by default. So I just let the guy win and then changed it immediately.

How do you like the game?

The netcode is VASTLY superior to sf5. I tried a game with bad connection on purpose with almost 200 ping, and it was playable. Gameplay I am still figuring out, how to use drive rush, I didn't play much sf5, as I prefer sf3 so I'm very rusty.
Guile's perfect booms is actually not hard to do, I did it 10 in a row on first try. I think it's harder to do normal boom on purpose. Jamie feels harder to play than he looks. Ryu feels more Ryu than ever (slow and hits very hard).

The netcode is VASTLY superior to sf5. I tried a game with bad connection on purpose with almost 200 ping, and it was playable. Gameplay I am still figuring out, how to use drive rush, I didn't play much sf5, as I prefer sf3 so I'm very rusty.
Guile's perfect booms is actually not hard to do, I did it 10 in a row on first try. I think it's harder to do normal boom on purpose. Jamie feels harder to play than he looks. Ryu feels more Ryu than ever (slow and hits very hard).

The perfect Sonic Booms are definitely easier than a normal one, especially on a stick. The connection has been great for me so far as well. I'm enjoying it. I did find myself do sf3 stuff, like hitting mp+mk for the universal overhead, but whatever.

Too bad Final Fight is only one player.

Perhaps one thing you could do is to try to bait out DI and counter it with your own.

I didn't run into anyone playing modern controls, but in my first match I didn't realize it was set to modern by default. So I just let the guy win and then changed it immediately.

Definitely going to lab it. Really wishing Marisa was in but I may give Kim a go here this weekend.

Back