Fighters You Think Would Make Good Commentators/Analysts?

I like Dominique Cruz. I think he's the most articulate out of all the ones TS mentioned. I also like Mir as a color commentator, but he does say some abrupt stuff from time to time. I don't like to listen to Florian's commentating, but kudos to him for calling out the incompetent judges last night.

Some people mentioning Mir obviously never watched WEC. Dude was awful. Brian Stann used to commentate some for Golden Boy Boxing and he wasn't too bad. I also always liked Jens Pulver's commentary

Some people mentioning Mir obviously never watched WEC. Dude was awful. Brian Stann used to commentate some for Golden Boy Boxing and he wasn't too bad. I also always liked Jens Pulver's commentary

WEC was my favorite MMA promotion when it was on VS. I guess to each his liking, but I thought Mir was fun to listen to as a color commentator alongside Harris. Granted Mir's not the smoothest broadcaster, but he stood out from the rest by saying some silly stuff.

Frank Mir should replace Anik

Cormier says "Listen" too much.

Rich Franklin
I am shocked that you are the only person to mention Rich (he's arguably the most well spoken fighter to ever fight in the UFC). He's like the modern day version of Guy Mezger

I think Stann is the best of the group that they have had recently. Dan Hardy seems like he will do a good job too. I always enjoyed when Stephen Bonnar would work WEC events. You could always hear the passion and excitement when he was on the call.

WEC was my favorite MMA promotion when it was on VS. I guess to each his liking, but I thought Mir was fun to listen to as a color commentator alongside Harris. Granted Mir's not the smoothest broadcaster, but he stood out from the rest by saying some silly stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the WEC, I just couldn't stand Mir. I used to get more excited for the good WEC cards than for a lot of the PPVs

Some that I think would be good or interesting: Matt Brown, Tim Kennedy, Jon Jones, and Josh Barnett.
The worst would be CB Dollaway, Mark Hunt, Tito, and Cain.

Back