• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fighters you have met in real life?

A lot. The only one that was a fucking douche, and that I didn't even really care to meet anyway, was Phil Baroni.

Frank Mir, Pat Militich, and Kevin Randleman were the coolest.

Chris Leben - cool guy, pretty laid back.
Max Holloway - really chill, invited me to his gym to train with him.
Cowboy - was helping a friend cut weight so I only got to say hey and take a picture.
Matt Hughes - met him at a seminar, very fan friendly.
Travis Browne - randomly ran into him in Waikiki, he took a picture with me then went to strip club.
Wonderboy - went to his gym, talked mma with him for 30 minutes, he trained me 1 on 1 for 30 minutes then made a video for my mother who had cancer, didn't charge me a dime. By far the best experience I've had meeting a fighter.
BJ Penn - met him three times. Once at the same seminar with Matt Hughes, second time he was at his gym in Hawaii and talked for a few minutes. The third time was that same night and he was high as fuck and threatened to knock me out as he walked by me. Good times.

Chiesa-multiple times. Chill in person.

Pena-worked for my SIL. Seemed fine then.

I met Gina Carrano but wasn't sure at first if it was her cause she was big and chunky. She was bitchy and rude.

I believe CFL Chad Owens had one MMA fight. Saw him at Target and did not bother him. If I happened to have a trading card of him with a Sharpie, diff story.

I think I saw Ron Jhun driving.

I'm sure I saw Sexyama crossing the street during COVID while he was jogging. I saw a Sexyama lookalike at Sam's Club.

Also at Sam's Club, saw PRIDE FC/Superbrawl vet Egan Inoue.

Back