• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fighters who retired too early

Rumble when he left to do bodybuilding before coming back is the only one I can think of. RIP.

I guess I'll be the one. What happened to TJ Grant?

Lewis froze up like that in several fights. Ngannou froze standing against Gane though you could argue it was the shot knees. Once again you are wrong.

Speaking as someone who is well aware of the level of intellect around here, never did I think it would be so bad I'd be debating several rock scientist who insist upon Francis Ngannou of all people is "well rounded".

Let me repeat that: several sherdoggers in this thread actually believe Francis Ngannou is well rounded.
Ngannou is a well rounded fighter, and people who don't see it are either ignorant or stuck in 2018 unable to grasp the concept that a fighter can work, learn and evolve.

He's got more submission wins than Cain and JDS combined. Lol at Adesanya, who has never outgrappled or subbed anyone.
It’s also who he prevented from out grappling him. Stopping guys like Rob, Gastelum and Vetori is more impressive to me than out grappling Gane or submitting some random bum.

How can you even say Izzy is less of a 1 dimensional fighter than Francis? Izzy has only ever won by decision or KO/TKO. Where as Francis has 4 submission wins in his career and wrestled more in his last 2 UFC fights than Izzy has in entire MMA career.

When did I say he was the greatest wrestler ever? I simply said he was not 1 dimensional. I've no idea why you're reaching like that.
Stopping proficient grapplers is more impressive to me than submitting poor grapplers.

Ngannou subbed a BJJ black belt.
You know who else is a BJJ black belt ;)
oardefault.jpg

If

Poirier
Gaethje
Conor
RDA
Barboza
MJ
Tibau

Is weak for you, I don’t know how to help you
Username checks out.

Don't forget his incredible wins over Vadim Sandulitsky and Ashot Shahinyan!

Don't mind me, I was just trolling my Sherbro @HHJ.

Crazy to me how many people are saying GSP. The man was on top for years, came back after a horrible knee injury and was obviously not the best version of himself anymore.

I mean, does he need to get beat an inch of his life and then pull off a Big Nog type comeback win and then realize he slowed down?

If

Poirier
Gaethje
Conor
RDA
Barboza
MJ
Tibau

Is weak for you, I don’t know how to help you
Yes, the fact you have to add in Michael Johnson and Tibau shows that in fact he has a weak resume. Khabib beat less former champions than Poatan. Think about that.

You are forgetting the roids factor with Chad. He popped, took a long time off, and clearly did not feel the same coming back. I guess he saw the writing on the wall.

Stopping proficient grapplers is more impressive to me than submitting poor grapplers.
Francis shut Stipe down in their second fight who is a proficient grappler. But anyhow, you're just moving the goal post at this point. It doesn't matter if stopping proficient grapplers is more impressive to you because Francis still fits the definition off what well rounded is. That is not opinion. It is fact.

David Terrell, I think he was like 28.

love GSP but he retired at the perfect time. he wouldn't of been able to handle the next gen of MW at that point, romero would be too quick and athletic for him to just out point with wits.

Romero is in a different weight class.

Francis shut Stipe down in their second fight who is a proficient grappler. But anyhow, you're just moving the goal post at this point. It doesn't matter if stopping proficient grapplers is more impressive to you because Francis still fits the definition off what well rounded is. That is not opinion. It is fact.
I’m not moving the goal post, I’m adding more clarity to my opinion. And calling him well rounded is an opinion as well, not a fact, as there aren’t actual standards to accomplishing that title. It’s ok to disagree with each other and leave it at that.

Back