Fighters who never displayed confidence but won a lot

Sure he was, most if not every fighter is they just don't tell this because its not good media. Still he never acted any different from other fighters on staredowns or the ring

I guess it's a semantic argument to how you interpreted "displayed confidence".

You might be surprised at how many fighters go in there with little to no fear though.

@elwani
Bisping talks about pre fight nerves on his podcast and says he always thinks he’s gonna lose.

Darren Till is another one who exudes confidence but it’s forced. He admitted he’s always terrified and wanted to fake an injury in the locker room vs Gastelum and his behaviour in the walkout was a complete contrast to his previous walkouts.

Rose Namajunas and Karolina Kowalciewicz never exude confidence either. Karolina looks like she’s about to go on a water slide or something as Bruce buffer is announcing her fight.

"Displayed confidence" is super vague. I can't think of any highly successful fighters who seem like scared little puppies.

I guess it's a semantic argument to how you interpreted "displayed confidence".

You might be surprised at how many fighters go in there with little to no fear though.
Doubt it very much, if you are not afraid going to fight in a cage you're probably not well in the head. Mike perry is one guy i legit belive he might have no fear but this comes from the fact he's not a very bright or normal individual

I think the effect Serra had on GSP was that he was very rarely willing to "have fun" in the cage after that point, he kept to a tactical gameplan in almost every fight even when you could argue he had the ability to do more than that.

"Displayed confidence" is super vague. I can't think of any highly successful fighters who seem like scared little puppies.

Not displaying confidence doesn’t mean you act like a scared little puppy.

Doubt it very much, if you are not afraid going to fight in a cage you're probably not well in the head. Mike perry is one guy i legit belive he might have no fear but this comes from the fact he's not a very bright or normal individual

People are different and fighters tend to have a different mentality. I've been around enough to see it. Chuck Liddell was one of these.

Aldo.

Never makes eye contact before a fight starts.

Dude is still good now and was a killer in his prime.

Not displaying confidence doesn’t mean you act like a scared little puppy.
As long as you don't look like you're lacking confidence, wouldn't being confident be the default assumption?

Fedor is always cool as a cucumber, but he never talks up a big game or makes a scene. Does he count as not "displaying confidence"?

Jon Jones is a straight up psychopath. If we ever get to see Francis vs Jon that may be the only time you'll see a "what the fuck did I get myself into" face from Jones.
True that, he doesn't looks confident in the traditional sense of way but i belive he's legit one of the least scared fighters there is because i belive he's at least a little psycopath.

The only fighters i come close to beliving have no actuall fear or very little are jon ( because of psycophaty) and mike perry and tony ferguson ( this two because they don't tic like a normal person, they clearly don't have a normal functioning brain )

As long as you don't look like you're lacking confidence, wouldn't being confident be the default assumption?

Fedor is always cool as a cucumber, but he never talks up a big game or makes a scene. Does he count as not "displaying confidence"?

But again the thread is asking if there are fighters who can look like they lack confidence before the fight but are often effective in the fight, and I think there’s been some good examples.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

decision-vs-masvidal.gif

Gegard has that “weird flex Confidence” guy looks like he just rolls out of his bed into a cage fight lol.
giphy.gif

Back