Fighters who don't belong on main cards, but are always on them anyway?

TheToqueville

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It seems like every once in a while, Dana gets a hardon for a particular fighter and regularly sticks them on main cards even though they have no business being there. A couple of examples:

Derek Brunson

Derrick Lewis ( as of late)

CB Dolloway ( back in the day)

Holly Holm

Megan Anderson

Lando Vanatta

Mike Perry ( as much as I like him)

Any other fighters you can think of who routinely stink up main cards and have no business being there?

tenor.gif

Holly Holm , Not only she is always in the main card she also keeps getting co-main spots same with many WMMA fighters , They are noot relevant names and their fights stink also.

It seems like every once in a while, Dana gets a hardon for a particular fighter and regularly sticks them on main cards even though they have no business being there. A couple of examples:

Derek Brunson

CB Dolloway ( back in the day)

Holly Holm

Megan Anderson

Lando Vanatta

Mike Perry ( as much as I like him)

Any other fighters you can think of who routinely stink up main cards and have no business being there?

I think Holly Holm "deserves" to be on main cards...she's just a boring ISH ISH machine. She's definitely a top WMMA fighter, unlike Andrea Lee and Murphy who were just on a main card, or the other two fights that obviously didn't deserve to be on there.

At that point you're just arguing that women fighters don't deserve to be on the main card, and fair enough I guess. There's like 4-8 female fighters total that deserve to be on a main card probably.

The last two PPV main cards were loaded with people I’ve never heard of. I haven’t missed a event in a long long time.

Cynthia Calvillo has only been on main cards, 3 of them PPVs.

I actually thought about this with the upcoming Fight Night: Anderson vs Blachowicz. The main card is incredibly weak and the prelims have tons of bigger names/better match ups. This has happened a few times where I was more excited for the prelims than I was for the main card!

A lot of Contender Series fighters. O’Malley’s on an upcoming ppv main card, ffs.

Wmma. It’s truly disgusting. Look at the upcoming cards and they all have garbage wmma on the main card. These are NOT professional athletes. I don’t know why they are pushing this crap. Fucking sad. UFC is shit now.

Holly Holm, dreadful record in the UFC, fights often suck but is still living the dream after KOing Ronda.

It won't happen anymore but, if I counted correctly, James Vick has been eight times on a main card, plus one main event.

Back