Fighters who don't belong on main cards, but are always on them anyway?

It seems like every once in a while, Dana gets a hardon for a particular fighter and regularly sticks them on main cards even though they have no business being there. A couple of examples:

Derek Brunson

Derrick Lewis ( as of late)

CB Dolloway ( back in the day)

Holly Holm

Megan Anderson

Lando Vanatta

Mike Perry ( as much as I like him)

Any other fighters you can think of who routinely stink up main cards and have no business being there?

All those fighters were quite popular for good (or bad) reasons.
Also, a WIN over each of them was a big deal, in that they were all the gatekeeper of an elite level. You beat them, then you are among the best.

Derrick Lewis tried to take Latifis head off and almost succeeded in the third round.

He deserves to be on main cards.

Derrick Lewis tried to take Latifis head off and almost succeeded in the third round.

He deserves to be on main cards.

I'm not a lewis hater, but I'm still trying to understand how a 265 lb HW brawler gets 2 consecutive decisions...

Wmma. It’s truly disgusting. Look at the upcoming cards and they all have garbage wmma on the main card. These are NOT professional athletes. I don’t know why they are pushing this crap. Fucking sad. UFC is shit now.
Define "professional"

Anyone that doesn't worship the just bleed god

What do you mean by deserve?

This may be a hard pill to swallow but... UFC puts people on the main card based on marketability. So it's either fighters with an established fan base or fighters that have marketing potential.

Regardless of the hate on this forum. Many of WMMA fighters have shone the ability to generate fan interest. Black is a big fan favorite. Holly Holm remains one of the UFC's more recognizable athletes.

This is a trick question for me because I would consider those kind of guys unknown and I won’t remember their names.

The main card was going to be so much better if Giles vs Krause fight was on it. We are constantly getting robbed of intriguing fights like that one and getting shoved wmma in our faces ,which can never produce such a fight.

Holly Holm has no business on a main card much less co main PPV. Goes to show UFC is fake.

It seems like every once in a while, Dana gets a hardon for a particular fighter and regularly sticks them on main cards even though they have no business being there. A couple of examples:

Derek Brunson

Derrick Lewis ( as of late)

CB Dolloway ( back in the day)

Holly Holm

Megan Anderson

Lando Vanatta

Mike Perry ( as much as I like him)

Any other fighters you can think of who routinely stink up main cards and have no business being there?
Any WMMA fight.
/thread.

Back