fighters who became more popular after a loss

Fedor. Atleast his true fans. His losses came to 2 steroid heads and the current hw champ

I liked watching Olaf alfanso in wec days. He just came to fight

S.Northcutt - His fans were so divided on spoilt pretty boy who's getting a bigger slice of the cake to a driven kid who will be the next best thing -
After the fight, everyone realised - he's just a kid regardless of all the side stories.

Lesnar proved that he could hang in that first fight. he gained new ufc fans who werent wwe fans

There are tons of fighters who got new fans after losing a fight. That was not the question. The question was who became a star - and Lesnar was already a star before.

Bonnar - Lost to Griffin, gets UFC contract, ends up fighting for Silvas title

Sonnen - Loses to Anderson in a heroic effort, becoming a star since.

Gustaffson - Loses to Jon Jones, gets on cover of EA UFC

Lesnar - loses to Mir, but basically dominates the entire match until the submission. The rest his history.

Diaz - Plenty of fans from his pride and strikeforce days already, but after 1-2-5, a whole new fanbase started.

Um what?

Also lesnar always had a huge following win or lose

Chuck Wepner.

in UFC win\loss is a secondary thing, being a company guy is all you need to be pushed.

Maaaaaan...I still think Bonnar should have got the nod in that fight...

Along with Alex in his...
I had Bonnar winning too, it was close so no robbery there.
Gus benefited the most from a loss in recent memory.

I would say Frankie, after losing to Benson. Their first fight was pretty epic, in the moment.

There are tons of fighters who got new fans after losing a fight. That was not the question. The question was who became a star - and Lesnar was already a star before.

No the question was who became more popular. I know because I asked it

Chael. Every other poster had a 'I believe in Sonnen' av after he lost to Anderson.

Overeem, I don't think I've ever seen a fighter get knocked out so many times and still stay popular and relevant.

No the question was who became more popular. I know because I asked it

K, than I misunderstood. But then most fighters who had a tough fight got more popular. Almost nobody gots less popular after a fight (the few times like Daley sucker punching not counted).

Back