fighters who became more popular after a loss

YesMySon

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Bonnar - Lost to Griffin, gets UFC contract, ends up fighting for Silvas title

Sonnen - Loses to Anderson in a heroic effort, becoming a star since.

Gustaffson - Loses to Jon Jones, gets on cover of EA UFC

Lesnar - loses to Mir, but basically dominates the entire match until the submission. The rest his history.

Diaz - Plenty of fans from his pride and strikeforce days already, but after 1-2-5, a whole new fanbase started.

Hendricks,Mendes and Miocic.

Last edited:
Fabio Maldonado because he fights like a freakin warrior win or lose

How about Cerrone after his first fight vs. Jamie Varner in the WEC?

Rory MacDonald for sure,

Ignorant people: Pre 189

Point fighter
No heart
Psycho
Gsp wannabe

Post 189

Courageous
Animal
Badass
Tecnically proficient

I thank the mma gods I don't have to deal with the bs anymore.

Last edited:
Miesha Tate is the most pathetic example trying to extend her fake ass hand shake after running her mouth and the clinger ass fans in the crowd just ate that shit up. made me throw up in my mouth, I hope Holly hits her so hard Bryan Caraway has to get an MRI

Rory MacDonald for sure,

Pre 189

Point fighter
No heart
Psycho
Gsp wannabe

Post 189

Courageous
Animal
Badass
Tecnically proficient

Rory definitely showed heart in the first Robbie fight, Condit fight and 1st round against Maia.

People forget now but Mighty Mouse's first fight on the big show was against Brad Pickett in WEC in a crazy back and forth fight it even got replayed on the PPV portion of the card, he lost a decision. I remember tons of people were high on him after that on here because going in he was no-name and big underdog.

Rory MacDonald for sure,

Pre 189

Point fighter
No heart
Psycho
Gsp wannabe

Post 189

Courageous
Animal
Badass
Tecnically proficient

Yeeee buddy. Rory is a fucking monster, soon annoying when people used to hate on him.

Leonard Garcia after he lost to Roger Huerta. He was a huge fan favorite for a while after that fight.

Miesha Tate is the most pathetic example trying to extend her fake ass hand shake after running her mouth and the clinger ass fans in the crowd just ate that shit up. made me throw up in my mouth, I hope Holly hits her so hard Bryan Caraway has to get an MRI
Double yellow my friend, be careful. Also I think Tate is going home with that belt. And to answer the OP Northcutt. Thought a loss might shut everyone up but just made him more talked about and popular.

Back