Fighters who’ve complained about stoppage but were clearly KOd or finished

Lawler vs Askren
source.gif

Half of sherdog is making fun of those guys, while they never had a concussion nor a fight in their life.
We should go light on people while their brains are not working.

Knocked out a buddy of mine accidentally with a throw in sparring. Because he was too dumb to fall like a human being.
He asked me what happened over 20 times for the next 3 hours. No short time memory working at all.
Visited him the next day, didn't know what happened and that I told him 20 times already. Never remembered what happened till today, only knows it from people telling him.

Ferguson against Gaethje. Cruz against Cejudo.

Half of sherdog is making fun of those guys, while they never had a concussion nor a fight in their life.

Knocked out a buddy of mine accidentally with a throw in sparring. Because he was too dumb to fall like a human being.
He asked me what happened over 20 times for the next 3 hours. No short time memory working at all.
Visited him the next day, didn't know what happened and that I told him 20 times already. Never remembered what happened till today, only knows it from people telling him.

Agreed. I can't judge fighters who protest right after a stoppage; they're concussed and full of adrenaline and endorphins. Of course they think they can keep on fighting. It's the ones who rewrite history afterward that make me laugh. Someone upthread posted a shot of Tiki vs. Lawler and that's the perfect example, because for years he called it a "cut stoppage," as if the cut didn't come from getting his face punched in. <45>

Colby.

I’m not a fan of colbys, but I don’t think this is a good example based on the criteria outlined in the op

Dropped twice with a broken jaw, still thought maybe he could win via decision. <45>

to be fair, he never went out even for a second, he was still moving and protecting himself with his arm and hand and about 80% of the punches on the ground were clearly to the back of the head, I’d say he has a valid argument that it was a bad stoppage, especially with 1 minute left in the fight.

Last edited:

Did you know tank abbott used to be on sherdog?
xLLtCwn.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back