Fighters who’ve complained about stoppage but were clearly KOd or finished

Maynard is probably the worst one. He's obviously 100% out staring at the ceiling with his arm flopped over his head but he says he's fine. Tiki almost sounds like he's being cheeky when he said it was a cut.

Bethe clearly called for her timeout before the fight was stopped....
lOGBE7.gif
pity the clip stops beforehand but that finishing uppercut was beautiful

to be fair, he never went out even for a second, he was still moving and protecting himself with his arm and hand and about 80% of the punches on the ground were clearly to the back of the head, I’d say he has a valid argument that it was a bad stoppage, especially with 1 minute left in the fight.
I say you've never seen an early stoppage.

One that comes to mind is Cowboy complaining after the Gaethje fight and was still insinuating that he wasn’t truly hurt in the post fight interview as well. Kind of odd. Especially considering Cowboys was clearly hurt bad and the stoppage was almost late if anything.

I’m also blanking on the guy’s name that damn near got sent to the shadow realm by early UFC Lawler and then said he lost to a cut in the post fight interview lol.

That’s a much better stoppage than usman/colby
I don't see Islam's jaw broken, or getting dropped twice or getting punched on the ground unguarded 5 times after getting dropped twice.

I don't see Islam's jaw broken, or getting dropped twice or getting punched on the ground unguarded 5 times after getting dropped twice.
Colby defended on the ground. Islam went out twice. Once on the original shot and again with the follow up on the ground, Colby never went out. Anyways it’s my opinion and I’m not gonna argue with you. At the end of the day both Colby and Islam have an L beside their name

Colby.

Dropped twice with a broken jaw, still thought maybe he could win via decision. <45>

Still was a bad stoppage. Usman might have landed like one good punch on the GnP, the rest were blocked or arm punches. Ref literally stops it while Colby is blocking shots.

I feel like some commenters didn't get the idea of the thread given they're naming Lawler vs Askren or Cruz vs Cejudo, which were both very questionable stoppages, especially the former.

Covington vs Usman came to mind immediately for me. I believe Garbrandt also tried to protest the first KO he suffered against TJ for a short moment while stumbling around, but I'm not sure if I remember that one correctly tbh.

Fighter Kevin Lee against Do Bronx

Kevin Lee protested the sub against Oliveira but the video shows him tapping.
In fairness to Lee, he basically got knocked out right before he got tapped out. I honestly think he didn't realise that he had tapped, Oliveira scrambled his brain something awful in that fight.

Zab Judah attacking the ref after Tzyu made him do the chicken noodle soup...

Back