Fighters don't end fights, Refs do!!!

Pierce hit the floor tapping and is now sidelined for 6 months, I think he went a little far.

Burkman didn't hold on long at all. People are just uneducated pussies on the internet.

didnt say he did. im a fitch fan, but i respect burkman for letting go and telling the ref. im just saying, if burkman hadnt told the ref, and held on for dear life after fitch is out, and the ref doesnt do anything, whos to blame? does burkman get off free?

agreed i really didnt see anything wrong until i went on the internet

It does not look as bad on video as it is made out to be, so:
To get the facts, make sure you read opinions online before reviewing any video.

Quit whining about Rousimar holding it after Pierce tapped that doesn't matter. When the ref comes in that's what matters and Rousimar didn't hold it that long after the ref came in. I have said on threads and I will say again if that was Shields or Maia tapping Pierce nobody would have complained. Rousimar does have a history of this but Wednesday night I don't feel as if he did anything wrong.

The fight ends when the fighter taps, not when the ref intervenes. Zuffa made that clear when they booted Palhares out.

The fight ends when the fighter taps, not when the ref intervenes. Zuffa made that clear when they booted Palhares out.

they booted him because he continued to hold after the ref stopped the fight. again.

i 100% agree another thing to look is where the fight took place, it was in Brazil and you know how they get with there BJJ, plus Mike Pierce was running his mouth talking trash to Rousimar and he tough him a lesson i dont fee bad for him.:wink:

This is a compelling and well thought out statement. I was on the fence about this Palhares ordeal until I read this.

Palhares is either a goon or too dumb to know when to stop. Either way, it's better that he's gone.

The arguments supporting Palhares are ridiculous... especially the ones that are breaking down tick by tick of the clock after the ref first touched him.

The fight is over the second your opponent begins tapping. It is ok to hold the submission on a questionable tap until you are sure the referee recognizes it, but anything beyond that is too long. The ref was yelling "stop!" and rushing in from across the ring and Palhares cranked it even harder after he got there. Refs should definitely never have to physically pry on your grip to force you to break the submission, even if it is only a second, it shouldn't have ever come to that.

Fighters that are good sportsman will recognize the tap and be ready to let go as soon as they see the ref recognizes it (see the Pettis submission on Henderson.)

The arguments supporting Palhares are ridiculous... especially the ones that are breaking down tick by tick of the clock after the ref first touched him.

The fight is over the second your opponent begins tapping. It is ok to hold the submission on a questionable tap until you are sure the referee recognizes it, but anything beyond that is too long. The ref was yelling "stop!" and rushing in from across the ring and Palhares cranked it even harder after he got there. Refs should definitely never have to physically pry on your grip to force you to break the submission, even if it is only a second, it shouldn't have ever come to that.

Fighters that are good sportsman will recognize the tap and be ready to let go as soon as they see the ref recognizes it (see the Pettis submission on Henderson.)

fucking oath.

Quit whining about Rousimar holding it after Pierce tapped that doesn't matter. When the ref comes in that's what matters and Rousimar didn't hold it that long after the ref came in. I have said on threads and I will say again if that was Shields or Maia tapping Pierce nobody would have complained. Rousimar does have a history of this but Wednesday night I don't feel as if he did anything wrong.

Was it the classiest way to submit a guy? No he could have stopped when Pierce was screaming and tapping but as far as the rules go the time after the ref came in was just Rousimar untangling his body from Pierce. People see a guy that has messed up before and take a millisecond late and run with it. Like I said if that was someone else tapping Pierce nobody would have called it late. Rousimar has messed up in the past but Wednesday night was not an example and he got screwed.

You must be one of those great people that never accept blame, because it's never your fault. It was clearly the refs fault and Pierce's fault. This is the wonderful thinking that makes this world a much more intolerant place. Thank god you don't live in my city!

TS, how many times have I told you to quit snorting dehydrated Xyience powder? If you weren't so jacked, you would see in real time rather than Xyience time.

Paul "ankle humper" Harris held on AFTER the ref stepped in. Take off the Xyience powdered glasses and come back to earth.

i 100% agree another thing to look is where the fight took place, it was in Brazil and you know how they get with there BJJ, plus Mike Pierce was running his mouth talking trash to Rousimar and he tough him a lesson i dont fee bad for him.:wink:

Similarly, many people don't fee bad for Palhares.

Pierce seems like a bit of a dick, but at the end of the day... he's still in the UFC.

Quit making shit up. Dana said it himself to Palhares of all people after UFC 134, the ref stops the fight, not the fighter.

Was it the classiest way to submit a guy? No he could have stopped when Pierce was screaming and tapping but as far as the rules go the time after the ref came in was just Rousimar untangling his body from Pierce. People see a guy that has messed up before and take a millisecond late and run with it. Like I said if that was someone else tapping Pierce nobody would have called it late. Rousimar has messed up in the past but Wednesday night was not an example and he got screwed.

IT

Ok so we should just not have refs then since fighters end there own fights

Nice example because if Benson would have been a liar that fight would have ended in controversy because Herb didn't hear the verbal tap which is why you hold til the ref steps in. Thanks buddy!

Back