• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fighter pay increase. Why?

Because it’s a disgrace and a joke that Dana and the greedy owners are naming record profits while most UFC fighters are poor and putting their bodies on the line for them.

It’s disgraceful to see how poorly the fighters are treated, how they’re exploited and how much money is made off of it.

i have no idea why Dana’s shills want fighters to get paid peanuts to destroy their bodies. You’d think sherdog is profiting too the way some of these clowns act.

I like to see people treated with respect and paid fairly. I hate seeing blatant examples of greed being slurped up by bootlickers.
Yeah they act like it's a moral thing then they steal the fights.

If we could somehow limit the fighter pay threads to only people who actually buy the PPV or watch it legally at a bar, all of a sudden those threads would look miiiiighty empty.

If you ain't buying the fights (and I'm using you generally here,) you shouldn't be talking.

More money = more people trying out which = better fighters.
nonsense if kids cared about which sport makes the most money every kid would want to play golf

kids want to do the sports they think are cool. Fighting is damn cool. Plus there are enough multimillionaire fighters to inspire the next generation to think they can be big stars with big fortunes from MMA.

This is on the fighters, people have to fight their own battles. In my country we have great unions and rights for workers but people literally died to get those rights, until people are ready to fight and not whine for their rights I have zero empathy.

I merely asked for opinions. Will increasing fighter pay benefit MMA in terms of fight quality or frequency? not really expressing my stance here

Depending on how you deliver the message you can express a stance without using expression words.

As far as the questions go we would hear less crying for once & some fighters could show improvement as they could have better resources for training, diet etc etc.

We could also see some get greedy and party ala Jon jones and fuck their career up, won't lie.

However as a viewer I want better fighter pay because the fighters deserve to get paid well especially considering what they go through, the state they are left in and how much other sports pay in comparison.

Because they’re pathetic clowns and always super vocal, slurping up daddy Dana in every thread.

“How dare these athletes dare ask to be paid a manageable and fair wage and cut slightly into record profits!?”
You're the only one in this thread being a vocal clown. You honestly sound like you're yelling and stomping your feet while typing. Stop being so overly emotional.

Depending on how you deliver the message you can express a stance without using expression words.

As far as the questions go we would hear less crying for once & some fighters could show improvement as they could have better resources for training, diet etc etc.

We could also see some get greedy and party ala Jon jones and fuck their career up, won't lie.

However as a viewer I want better fighter pay because the fighters deserve to get paid well especially considering what they go through, the state they are left in and how much other sports pay in comparison.
Do your part and actually pay for every ppv. Problem solved!
<Fedor23>

nonsense if kids cared about which sport makes the most money every kid would want to play golf

kids want to do the sports they think are cool. Fighting is damn cool. Plus there are enough multimillionaire fighters to inspire the next generation to think they can be big stars with big fortunes from MMA.
No parent is going to tell there kid to get into mma because of pay.

Parents get there kids into boxing, nba, NHL, nfl, football etc.

These all pay a great amount.

UFC and mma pay absolute dog shit.

Giving the fighters back their ability to wear their own personal sponsors (if they are indeed independent contractors) would be a good step in the right direction imo. The Reebok and Venom deals only benefit the UFC.

No parent is going to tell there kid to get into mma because of pay.

Parents get there kids into boxing, nba, NHL, nfl, football etc.

These all pay a great amount.

UFC and mma pay absolute dog shit.

I thought parents got their kids into sport because its healthy, fun and a great way to make new friends.
As a parent you should be more interested in what your child like than what they potentially can earn as a grown up who makes it to the biggest stage.

I think one thing people forget when talking about increasing UFC fighter pay is the trickle down effect in the MMA landscape.

If the UFC one day said, Hey, we are going to start sharing 30% of the revenue with the fighters or worse more. The trickle down effect it would have on the industry would be massive. The Bellator's of the world would have one hell of time keeping anyone that matters. Money talks and if the UFC was paying out that kind of money none of these orgs could compete on any level that fans would care about. They'd be just a massive stepping stone at best with any good fighter leaving quickly to the UFC. The reality is the only way this ever happens is the fighters coming together. Once again would only strengthen the UFC foot hold of the market. It's more or less game over already but any fighter unionization with in the UFC would completely put the nail in the coffin of every org in the world ever meaning jack shit in the MMA landscape.

The issue is moreso than its only a small percentage of guys at the very top who earn good money and it often takes them many years to get it.

MMA tends to work via drawing people in from other sports and the way thats generally been done is offering them money early, these aren't teenagers just doing whats "cool" there people having to look after themselves and potentially their families and make decisions on those grounds.

Even at the younger level though more money in the sport translates to more opportunities, MMA training is still relatively rare and expensive, if fighters are earning more then camps will be earning more and we will see more of them.

The idea that the UFC can take such a massive share of the sports income and not have it effect quality to me is just clearly nonsense, in any other sport they would fucking laugh at people who thought that was true.

<bball1>

Fighters don't make the same pay every year either. It goes up significantly the longer they've been in the promotion. All of their subsequent contracts are higher than their previous one, to the extent that they fight way less often after a few years in the promotion.

<bball1>
You think the intro contract of $12k/$12k or whatever it is has kept up with inflation? Get this goober in an economics class already.

I wonder if fighters worry about average sherdogger’s pay.
In a parallel universe, the whole roster chats on a private forum (where mcgregor is banned and comes back with a new account every week), where half the fighters are whining about dogger's pay, unpaid moderation, saying we ruin our body and mind shooping until late at night and shitposting about fighter's pay, and that it's a shame that noone cares.
The other half doesn't give a shit, wearing homemade T-shirts with Overeem's girl on it, enjoying the room temperature IQ in our best threads.

I don't complain about fighter pay anymore. I just pirate every PPV instead.

<bball1>
You think the intro contract of $12k/$12k or whatever it is has kept up with inflation? Get this goober in an economics class already.
What the christ does that have to do you claiming you don't know a single person who makes the same pay every year, and they should "leave their job" if they do?

Either we're talking about the same individual people's pay increasing the longer they work, which is also true of fighters, or we're talking about starting pay for new people, in which case the vast majority of companies keep about the same starting pay for entry level new hires, and they can't "leave their job" because they don't even work there yet.

BTW, I just looked up the last 5 ppvs and nobody on any of them made less that $16k. Thats a 100% increase from just 10 years ago, and that minimum doesn't mean that's what every guy they sign makes.

Well it's pretty basic. I don't know a single person who makes the same pay every year. Due to inflation, your salary should go up or you should leave your job. So the benefit to MMA would be keeping guys actually wanting to pursue MMA as a "career" and keep new blood interested in participating.

How is it "UFC is the superbowl of MMA" & "the big leagues, bigger than soccer" yet fighters in the pinnacle of MMA have 2nd jobs. It's just laughable. How are we gonna get the absolute pinnacle/best when even many UFC fighters work 2nd jobs? My friends who are casuals insisted I must be lying when I showed them what some UFC fighters make.

Back