Fight shorts, loose or tight?

infamous mattyd said:
I feel your pain
Can I talk either of you in maybe wearing a shirt as well as REALLY loose shorts? :D JK guys

CoutureFan16 said:
I have a pair of the original Frank Mir X-Trainers and I also recently picked up a pair of the New '06 Competition Series shorts, and let me tell you, fucking incredible. They are really a huge step up from the old ones. The adjustable waist is sweet. They are loose shorts but at the same time snug, very comforotable, if you dont already own a pair, get some!

Amen to that!

ObsceneJester said:
Really? Never really noticed that

Almost everyone has been switching over. Only the Chute Boxe guys have really been sticking to tight.

I actually think 9 out of 10 people would prefer to wear VT shorts (tight ones) but most people feel more comfortable wearing board shorts when other people are around :)

Besides the obvious difference in they way they look.

What is the difference when fighting in MMA between wearing the tight fitting lycra style of short (cro-cop) and the looser fitting SPRAWL style of short (mir)?

Are the looser fitting ones more comfortable and the tight lycra style ones better because there is less material for your opponent to grab?

I did a search and found nothing on this topic.

What is your choice for fighting in MMA competitions loose shorts or tight, and why?

Thanks in advance

I stay with the loose.
Its alot easier for my opponent to grab on to them but I keep my distance with my jabs very well..so im not being taken down alot.

Back