Fight Recommendations For Outstanding Grappling Exchanges?

Ruth vs Amosov
Ruth vs Gracie
Ruth vs Johnson (quick one)
Herman vs Noke (quick one)

Maia absolutely embarrassing the at the time McGregor friend of the week Gunnar Nelson is another fun one.

Gregor Gillespie vs Diego Ferreira.

Had some awesome grappling until Ferreira gassed.
^^^^^^^^^^^This is the answer I was going to say. A little surprised it took so long for someone to say it. That fight was almost entirely high level grappling, and wildly entertaining.

I still think ppl should use palm strikes in gnp. Difficult to dodge them. Close range damage. Break the nose. Mix it up w punches elbows and hammerfists
When inside the guard, I can hit harder with a palm strike like Bas used (when it is more bone than the fleshy part). It also gives the striker a longer range of motion.

Reactions: HHJ
Palhares V Drwal, one of the highest level grapplers in UFC history let go because opponents tapped in light seconds.

Palhares Vs Pierce submission with timecode

Khabib neck crank

Last edited:
How the heck has no one recommended Islam vs. Arman yet...

This was a surprisingly entertaining fight, from what i remember, islam simply stuffing takedowns from arman was pretty damn exciting. Very technical fight and is aging better and better with each passing day

Palhares V Drwal, one of the highest level grapplers in UFC history let go because opponents tapped in light seconds.

Palhares Vs Pierce submission with timecode

It's because palhares had a history of holding subs too long. Finally, even holding a single second too long (against pierce) was the last straw and he was cut

he was cut soon after outside the ufc against shields as well

It's because palhares had a history of holding subs too long. Finally, even holding a single second too long (against pierce) was the last straw and he was cut

he was cut soon after outside the ufc against shields as well
I think Mazzagatti, who reffed the shields fight, lost control, like Dana White often criticised him for before he stopped refereeing for the UFC. Whereas Herb Dean who reffed the McGregor neck crank stopped it instantly. Mazzagatti also reffed the Hamill and Jones result.

Ultimately, Rousimar Palhares could have stayed in the UFC if referees took responsibility for splitting fighter's at submission to protect fighter safety.

I think Mazzagatti, who reffed the shields fight, lost control, like Dana White often criticised him for before he stopped refereeing for the UFC. Whereas Herb Dean who reffed the McGregor neck crank stopped it instantly. Mazzagatti also reffed the Hamill and Jones result.

Ultimately, Rousimar Palhares could have stayed in the UFC if referees took responsibility for splitting fighter's at submission to protect fighter safety.
Interesting, i mean it's been awhile since i watched any of those. I really like palhares and his leglock game was awesome and terrifying.

^^^^^^^^^^^This is the answer I was going to say. A little surprised it took so long for someone to say it. That fight was almost entirely high level grappling, and wildly entertaining.
Yeah, one of the best and most exciting displays of high level grappling I've ever seen in MMA.

Benson Vs Pettis 1
Benson and Pettis had a fun grappling dynamic. It's also apparent that Pettis learned to be more lethal from his back after getting outpaced by Guida on the ground, resulting in subbing Bendo in their second match.

Back