Fight Pass cost increased by 50% from Jan 01 in some regions

I just went to renew my Fight Pass subscription and found that from Jan 06, it will be A$14.99 per month.

As someone who buys (yes, I actually drop $$) every PPV and have had Fight Pass since the beginning, bar a short period in between, I feel like a 50% jump is too much and I don't think I'll renew.

We are really paying for that stupid WME-IMG $2b loan. I wish the Fertitas held on.
As someone else who actually pays real money for PPV's, I'm with you. Plus, in Canada, TONS of the live content is blacked out. I don't plan on renewing my fightpass subscription.

I just went to renew my Fight Pass subscription and found that from Jan 06, it will be A$14.99 per month.

As someone who buys (yes, I actually drop $$) every PPV and have had Fight Pass since the beginning, bar a short period in between, I feel like a 50% jump is too much and I don't think I'll renew.

We are really paying for that stupid WME-IMG $2b loan. I wish the Fertitas held on.
You are just like me although do you renew annually? Or 3, 6 months? I do annually because it saves some cash but takes more of a commitment. Just hang in there all the free fights you get over the year is worth it in my opinion.

And lol at the fucking halfwits who dont know US dollar from Australia dollar

$14.99 Australian

=

$10.80 US (its actually $9.99)

=

£8.75 gbp (Its actually £5.99) < the weak pound for once actually working in our favour

Fucking UK rocks.. not only do we get all ppv's on a tv channel that costs $8 a month, but we get all prelims on fightpass for $7.50

Rule, fucking, britannia, britannia rules the waves

keep-calm-and-rule-britannia-6.png

thats only from january 6th because its a 7 day free trial you doofus

if you did it tomorrow it would say that price from january 7th

if you did it next week it would say that price from january 12th
Yep, you're right. The price hike is of Jan 01.

And lol at the fucking halfwits who dont know US dollar from Australia dollar

$14.99 Australian

=

$10.80 US (its actually $9.99)

=

£8.75 gbp (Its actually £5.99) < the weak pound for once actually working in our favour
Nope it is currently Aud$9.99, genius.

Nope it is currently Aud$9.99, genius.

which was clearly underpriced.

now you are paying the same as american's (pretty much)

(but trust me, theres people in this thread that thought you meant 14.99 usd)

Makes sense for countries that get the PPV's included. But their crazy if they expect the US to pay $15/mo for one or two shitty early prelim fights and the occasional once every 3 month fightpass only shitty card.

Even at that price it's fine, But how does Flo get away with charging so much doesn't make any sense.
<{cruzshake}>

It really isn't fine. $15.99 means nothing to me, as a bill, but given that the app's functionality is so awful I never wanted to use it over a span of 12 months, I'd say their service is worthless.

Plus, you get nothing for that $15.99. access to old fight cards I've already sent multiple times? Wow. Their isn't nearly enough new content to justify even $9.99 per month.

As someone else who actually pays real money for PPV's, I'm with you. Plus, in Canada, TONS of the live content is blacked out. I don't plan on renewing my fightpass subscription.
Tell me about it man. It's bullshot that we pay in the region of $700 per year and don't even get half of the fights included. We have to also have pay tv in our own country. It's a bloody shitshow.

How is it that they don't just have a way to watch every fight, for a set price, in a set place. Having multiple subscriptions and having to flip channels and websites, while hoping they got the start times right is just wrong for the money we spend.

Makes sense for countries that get the PPV's included. But their crazy if they expect the US to pay $15/mo for one or two shitty early prelim fights and the occasional once every 3 month fightpass only shitty card.

do people get ppvs on fightpass?I thought they blocked it out in your country as they have separate tv deals for that

Fucking UK rocks.. not only do we get all ppv's on a tv channel that costs $8 a month, but we get all prelims on fightpass for $7.50

Rule, fucking, britannia, britannia rules the waves

keep-calm-and-rule-britannia-6.png
is it btsports?

I remember a guy on reddit saying that he streamed because btsports cable package was too costly

what did i say.... people dont know the difference

its 15 AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS NOT US DOLLARS

do people get ppvs on fightpass?I thought they blocked it out in your country as they have separate tv deals for that
you're a Zuffa shill, why you asking me? I recall something like the Europe gets the PPV's on fightpass but they have to get fox content through their local tv provider.

which was clearly underpriced.

now you are paying the same as american's (pretty much)

(but trust me, theres people in this thread that thought you meant 14.99 usd)
No it wasn't underpriced. We have a lot of blacked out content here compared to US customers. That's why the price difference didn't match the exchange rate.

And yeah, I checked it with US IP and it didn't show a price hike.

is it btsports?

I remember a guy on reddit saying that he streamed because btsports cable package was too costly

its only £5 a month i you have bt for internet.

but to be honest, now that all the prelims are on fightpass im finding myself watching the prelims, then going to bed at 3am and just watching main card in the morning on kodi

No it wasn't underpriced. We have a lot of blacked out content here compared to US customers. That's why the price difference didn't match the exchange rate.

And yeah, I checked it with US IP and it didn't show a price hike.
7might be worth changing the title to IN AUSTRALIA before theres too much confusion :D

Well, this is like the two times they jacked up the price on PPVs by telling us that it would only be for ONE SPECIAL PPV and would go right back down again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back