FIGHT OF THE YEAR 2018! Korean Zombie VS Yair Rodriguez

Thank You Chang Sung Jung.

Thank You Yair Rodriguez.

This is the most fun I've had watching a fight in a very long time.

Just Bleed God is pleased!

Happy 25th birthday UFC!

Good night Sherdog... we had one for the ages didn't we
No. Not fight of the year at all.
Not even close to Justin Gaethje vs. Dustin Poirier

I expected this to be a fun fight, but it exceeded my expectations by 300%. Those gentleman showed all fighters what the hell this is all supposed to be about.

giphy.gif

Sound like I missed a good one. Stupid DVR!

FS1 cards usually get the next day treatment, or late night treatment. Looks like prelims are on FS1 again tomorrow night at 10pm and main card at midnight (I'm Pacific coast time).

In Denver, at 5000 feet above sea... with Yair, fighting 5 rounds on 2 weeks notice.

Come on bro

None of that is relevant to the entertainment of the fight. It wasn't even a close right , KZ was up 4-1 or 3-1, and Yair spent half the fight stationary just staring at him. It was a good fight but nothing more. Sorry fan boys.

No, he's not from Mexico City. But I did hate the hugging, and it kind of ruined the fight for me...
Do you need a storyline where the 2 guys hate each other, and insults each others countries and families? Will that make it more real for you?

2 guys went to work... and left it all in the cage. They seemed to have had some fun doing it. Good to see

None of that is relevant to the entertainment of the fight. It wasn't even a close right , KZ was up 4-1 or 3-1, and Yair spent half the fight stationary just staring at him. It was a good fight but nothing more. Sorry fan boys.
Yair... who was throwing spinning shit, flying shit, somersault shit... and won with an backhand-uppercut-elbow... this dude was stationary?

My dude, what time do they give out meds at the old people's home? Gotta tone down on the cranky.

Do you need a storyline where the 2 guys hate each other, and insults each others countries and families? Will that make it more real for you?

2 guys went to work... and left it all in the cage. They seemed to have had some fun doing it. Good to see

No, I'm fine with fighters respecting each other, and even being friendly outside of the cage, but inside get to work...

No, I'm fine with fighters respecting each other, and even being friendly outside of the cage, but inside get to work...
That's exactly what they were doing...work, for 25 full minutes. None of that resting shit, or lay and pray shit, or cage-hugging shit.

Have you never being in sparring before? Sometimes you meet someone who you can't help but admire, and you kinda have a bro moment, even though you're punching each other in the face.

Real men stuff, son. That "bad blood" shit is for kids.

That's exactly what they were doing...work, for 25 full minutes. None of that resting shit, or lay and pray shit, or cage-hugging shit.

Have you never being in sparring before? Sometimes you meet someone who you can't help but admire, and you kinda have a bro moment, even though you're punching each other in the face.

Real men stuff, son. That "bad blood" shit is for kids.

Again, I don't need "bad blood". I already explained that to you. Respect and admiration are fine, but constantly stopping the fight to hug and show admiration is excessive...

Definitely not fight of the year. Too much hugging and weird pauses.

Seemed like KZ wanted to keep fighting at times when YR initiated their bro sessions, may have cost him unfortunately

Again, I don't need "bad blood". I already explained that to you. Respect and admiration are fine, but constantly stopping the fight to hug and show admiration is excessive...
Well, either one could have pulled a Floyd Mayweather (over Victor Ortiz) and it would have been over

Thank god for some respect

Seemed like KZ wanted to keep fighting at times when YR initiated their bro sessions, may have cost him unfortunately

Its "protect yourself at all times". You're welcomed to strike your opponent anytime after the start of the fight, and before the end of the round.

And also, Yair basically conceded with 10 seconds left in the fight. No one forced KZ to rush forward at the end.

Back