Mundo Hispano FECARBOX Champion
@Titanium
Reaction score
sergey-kovalev-gabriel-campillo-poster.jpg

6 PST/9 EST.

Sweet main event.
Keep all spoilers in this thread.

Last edited:
This is tonight? Thats queer, I'll be at work.

edit- nvm, list a date next time.

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=61482#ixzz2IGvkX3oS

By Jake Donovan

This weekend’s card at Mohegan Sun already held special meaning to Kathy Duva and Main Events. The show – which is headlined by a light heavyweight clash between unbeaten Sergei Kovalev and former champ Gabriel Campillo - celebrates the one-year anniversary of the launching of the NBC Sports Network Fight Night series.

Within the celebrating came more reason to cheer, as an announcement was made for a new series on the horizon titled ‘Future Stars.’ The series will air on NBC Sports Network as well as various Comcast Sports networks.

“Today there is another announcement,” Duva proudly revealed during Thursday’s press conference at the Mohegan Sun. “We are announcing the formation of another boxing series. “Future Stars” That program is going to consist of several of the undercard fights. The fights will be taped and then packaged to be showcased on NBC Sports and the Comcast Sports networks on a later date.”

The three undercard bouts to be taped for the series will be: Jarrell Miller (4-0, 4KO) vs. Joey Dawejko in a scheduled four-round heavyweight contest; Joseph Perez (10-1, 3KO) vs. Jason Sosa (7-1-3, 3KO) in a scheduled six-round super featherweight scrap; and a scheduled eight round bout between Marcus Upshaw (14-8-2, 6KO) and Vladine Biosse (14-1-1, 7KO) in the final bout prior to the start of the NBC Sports Network Fight Night broadcast.

Duva believes the series can only contribute to the current replenishment the sport is experiencing.

“This fight marks the one year anniversary of the NBC Fight Night series. This will be the 8th show. We’ve found that millions of people are watching these broadcasts. With our show on NBC (Tomasz Adamek’s controversial rematch win over Steve Cunningham), four million people watched. The sport is enjoying… a burst in popularity.

“With NBC and NBC Sports we are reaching a wider audience than ever before.”

This weekend’s telecast features a live doubleheader, which also includes a middleweight crossroads bout between Curtis Stevens (22-3, 16KO) and Elvin Ayala (26-5-2, 12KO). The telecast airs live on NBC Sports Network at 9PM ET and will be replayed at 1AM ET.

You mean that big thing highlighted in a black frame, smack in the middle of the event poster in the OP?

No, the date that was missing from the thread title. Obviously I saw the date after looking at the poster which didn't load the first time I read the thread, hence the edit.

Found out about this a couple days ago myself, a very interesting main event..... no interest in the undercard at all though - hoping they'll be over with fast so I don't have to keep switching between this and the hbo card all night.

Seems like WAAAAY too big of a step up for Kovalev IMO.

Main Events ‏@Main_Events

"Weigh in for Campillo-Kovalev #FightNight today at 5:30 pm ET LIVE online @YahooSports hosted by @chrismannixsi http://ow.ly/gUkuz "

Campillo- 175
Kovalev- 175

Ayala- 159
Stephens- 159

Last edited:
hilarious that Campillo is a 2.5-1 dog against a dude who's never fought anyone near the level that Campillo is. I think that if Campillo can weather the early rounds, he'll box circles around this dude/

Sure would like to watch this......

Ugh. Why couldn't this have been on last night? Why, with so little televised boxing, would they put two televised cards on the same night?

Back