Few things about the BJJ Rape case

Did u morons read my entire post? Or just reply to whatever ONE sentence u chose to reply to? Nevermind Im on Sherdog expecting people to have IQs over 73....my bad.

why don't you go on a pro rape board and post your stupid shit, that is if you can climb off lloyd's nuts first

you're a fuckin idiot, there is no excuse for rape what so ever, i hope he gets raped in jail or his sister gets raped and maybe then he will know what it feels like :)

Wtf is wrong with you?
Hoping his innocent sister gets raped is some sick shit.

Did u morons read my entire post? Or just reply to whatever ONE sentence u chose to reply to? Nevermind Im on Sherdog expecting people to have IQs over 73....my bad.

Actually, there are some highly intelligent people in here (throwing out Jag_Corps shoutout as one of my favorite posters) and that is your problem. You yourself, sir, are too unintelligent to understand that anecdotal evidence is not better than no evidence. So run along and train Jiu Jitsu, doesn't look like you've got much else working for ya.

I have trained with Matthew (the accused) and he is a great kid, very soft spoken (unless arguing with a ref but hey he is competitive) highly skilled, dedicated, and I was shocked to hear what happened!! He has a close family and this "act" is so outside Matthews character that I didn't believe it until I read it.

If he did what he was accused of...he was drunk off his ass and out of control...bc this is completely NOT in his character!! Im sure many of you have painted a view of "the rapist" as some monster BJJ meathead or something but that could not further from the truth!! Matthew is great kid who made a HORRIBLE decision while drunk. Which does NOT excuse what he did whatsoever....please dont get me wrong!!

I used to run my own martial arts school and I held bi-annual rape prevention seminars to teach woman everything they need to know about rape....so I take that stuff extremely serious!! Its the grossest thing a man can do to a woman....so I feel for the victim in every way. And "IF" anyone rapes a woman he should absolutely go to jail and should feel what it is like to be f*cked without wanting it!

Also lay off Lloyd Irvin....Matthew was not a long time student of his!! He used to train in NY, then went from school to school to learn as much as possible and only went to Lloyd Irvin bc in his opinion (and mine) Lloyd is the best competition training coach in the country and probably the world....so Lloyd does NOT in any way deserve any heat for Matthew being "his" student, bc he was not. Lloyd's was probably the 5th school that Matt trained at.

So the fact that something rape related happened to Lloyd twice is bad luck! He deserves absolutely NO criticism for what happened!

In any case.....my heart goes out to the victim. I hope she heals mentally and physically and is able to move on with her life, and as much as I hate to see Matt go to jail, I hope justice is served and all the truth is brought to light....whatever that may be!

maybe I'm missing it, but I dont see th point to your post. Rape is bad, but this one rapist is a good guy because I trained with him? What is the point that you are trying to make? We all know rape is bad, rapist are bad and this event was a terrible atrocity. This has been made clear. So are you bragging about having trained with the rapist? Since he didn't rape you he likely isnt a real rapist? What are you trying to say?

I am giving you the chance to clarify your point, because this far into the thread you have failed to do so. I could jump on the band wagon of calling ou a rape appologist, but I am holding off on that, until you have.

So please define your argument

The thing that disturbs me among many things that disturb me about this incident is lets say that Maldonado was somehow not guilty of rape (as his supporters claim) and that his sex was consensual. This still does not absolve him of the fact that according to the court documents of the video he watched Schultz rape, left and then came back and saw Schultz still raping and did absolutely nothing about it.

I mean what kind of teammate, or human being would let that happen. A "nice" guy or "good" guy would not let that happen. Especially one skilled in the martial arts and who could have easily neutralized Schultz. That's a coward in my book. It's like Mike McQueary who did nothing when Sandusky was in the shower room with the boy. Unacceptable.

So either he was a rapist himself and part of the gang rape (more likely) or he was a complete coward who just idly watched and did nothing to stop a rape in progress. Either way that is not a "good" or "nice" guy.

As for reactions like that of William Cummings earlier in this thread, I suggest we hold ourselves to a higher standard for a while around here. Something bad happened and we shouldn't toy around with the word "rape". The report button is there in the lower left corner of posts if you feel someone is taking things too far. There should be no room here for expressing hope that anyone, including the alleged rapists (or their innocent siblings), get raped.

The thing that disturbs me among many things that disturb me about this incident is lets say that Maldonado was somehow not guilty of rape (as his supporters claim) and that his sex was consensual. This still does not absolve him of the fact that according to the court documents of the video he watched Schultz rape, left and then came back and saw Schultz still raping and did absolutely nothing about it.

I'll go further yet. Even if she said she wanted it, it's a scumbag move to do a threesome on (or have sex with) a girl who is so drunk that she can't walk on her own.

Last edited:
I have trained with Matthew (the accused) and he is a great kid, very soft spoken (unless arguing with a ref but hey he is competitive) highly skilled, dedicated, and I was shocked to hear what happened!! He has a close family and this "act" is so outside Matthews character that I didn't believe it until I read it.

If he did what he was accused of...he was drunk off his ass and out of control...bc this is completely NOT in his character!! Im sure many of you have painted a view of "the rapist" as some monster BJJ meathead or something but that could not further from the truth!! Matthew is great kid who made a HORRIBLE decision while drunk. Which does NOT excuse what he did whatsoever....please dont get me wrong!!

Nobody cares if he was a meat-head, or a kind hearted metrosexual who made a bad decision. The decision he made was not just bad, it was horrific, illegal, immoral, and life-ruining for both him and the poor girl. Whether he was drunk or not makes no difference. This is far worse than even getting behind the wheel of a car while drunk, and that alone would mhave got him put away! someone capable of making decisions like this can not be allowed to walk free.

Also lay off Lloyd Irvin....Matthew was not a long time student of his!! He used to train in NY, then went from school to school to learn as much as possible and only went to Lloyd Irvin bc in his opinion (and mine) Lloyd is the best competition training coach in the country and probably the world....so Lloyd does NOT in any way deserve any heat for Matthew being "his" student, bc he was not. Lloyd's was probably the 5th school that Matt trained at.

So the fact that something rape related happened to Lloyd twice is bad luck! He deserves absolutely NO criticism for what happened!

In any case.....my heart goes out to the victim. I hope she heals mentally and physically and is able to move on with her life, and as much as I hate to see Matt go to jail, I hope justice is served and all the truth is brought to light....whatever that may be!

Something rape related happened to lloyd twice? are you serious right now? Lloyd tried to have a gang bang on an unwilling teen , and everyone in this gang bang was sent to prison except lloyd because even though he tried to he was unable to get an erection. You think lloyd having intent like that and then having 2 competitors from his fighter house double team an unwilling female from his school 20 years later is going to be overlooked? maybe if this wasn't buried for 20 years, who knows, but the fact that this just serfaced makes it very fresh in people's minds and it's going to be discussed.

It's his fifth school.

Matthew started here in upstate NY at a small school for a couple years, moved down to Joe Scarola's/Serra-Longo for BJJ/MMA training for a few months, switched to Alliance NYC for several years and had just switched to TLI a couple months ago.

How do I know? I am part of the school where he first started and had followed the career of my one time friend and training partner with interest.

All of us at the aforementioned upstate NY grappling school are horrified and sad that the trust of teammates was broken, that a woman's life was hurt and that these two young men decided that raping someone was a good idea. The fact that it was out of character with our previous knowledge means little. The sexual assault happened and it's incontrovertible that Matthew had a considerable part in it.

He's a non-entity to me now. As he should be to those who knew him.

Please, let's be more constructive than to create threads defending him. Perhaps contributing productively to sexual education and sexual assault prevention is a better usage of our time.

This is the appropriate reaction to this heinous act - not the drivel posted up by GeeSPee.

in my days, ive been high on shit that gets you 30x (this is not a hyperbole) hornier than what an drunk guy could ever be, and not ever once happened on my mind to rape someone, I dont know if he did it or not, but blaming it to alcohol is a poor excuse...

TS, you're an asshole.

you're a fuckin idiot, there is no excuse for rape what so ever, i hope he gets raped in jail or his sister gets raped and maybe then he will know what it feels like :)

You're a bigger asshole.

I used to run my own martial arts school and I held bi-annual rape prevention seminars to teach woman everything they need to know about rape....so I take that stuff extremely serious!! Its the grossest thing a man can do to a woman....so I feel for the victim in every way. And "IF" anyone rapes a woman he should absolutely go to jail and should feel what it is like to be f*cked without wanting it!

Everything in your post is just awful and wrong.

Nobody in the world starts off wanting to be a rapist. The point is the opportunity for taking advantage of another human being was presented and he took it. Perhaps you don't know the kid as well as you should.

And this should be the dumbest phrase on sherdog so far:

Yes... Lloyd was present and tried to participate in a gang rape was bad luck.

33362020.jpg

Ha called out, nice.

Back