Ferreira should fight Makhachev next

SovereignPhantom

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
It's clear for whatever reason either UFC brass or Ali doesn't want Islam to fight a top 10 opponent. Ferreira just got a high profile win to kick off a McGregor card. I think he and Makhachev should throw down.

Pretty sure Islam will fight Iaquinta or Barboza next

I’d pick CDF to win. Not even a knock on Islam, this guys looked so good since he switched to Fortis MMA.

Oh trust me, islamb wants to fight him "really bad" but darn it, the fight cant be made.

It’s really simple. Khabib and his dad tell Islam what to do, he’s not fighting a top guy until khabib is ready to retire

No, he actually has top 15 wins so shouldn’t fight down. Islam can fight Gregor or Hernandez

Islam is still in hiding since lee called him out lol

It’s really simple. Khabib and his dad tell Islam what to do, he’s not fighting a top guy until khabib is ready to retire
Khabib's father pretty much confirmed this in one of his recent interviews. Khabib is gonna retire after 2-3 more fights, and Islam is supposed to take his place.

Nah, they should both get top 10 guys next fight. They're both on 6 fight win streaks without getting a top 10 opponent yet ffs and it's ridiculous that either of them should have to win 7 straight before getting a top 10.

Pettis is no top 10 fighter, hasnt been for years. The rankings are trash. Hooker, Islam, Gregor all beat him

Pettis is no top 10 fighter, hasnt been for years. The rankings are trash. Hooker, Islam, Gregor all beat him
I don't think he is either but Ferreira is on a big streak and he beat number 11 regardless of the legitimacy of the rankings.

Wrong, Abdulmanap has asked for Conor and Tony to fight Makhachev.

If you ain't top 5 you have to beat mini Khabib before you get a shot on the guy himself. I like.

Wrong, Abdulmanap has asked for Conor and Tony to fight Makhachev.
And you think thats a true offer? Why should either Tony or Conor be interested in fighting Islam?
This is obv something they put out on purpose to build the narrative that Islam is the new boogeyman of the division and nobody wants to fight him.

Back