feminin protecter ?

Jess89

White Belt
Reaction score
This is kinda embarrassing but I need a feminine protector. I have riped my labia before and never want to go through that again. Do they have female cups that protect that?

OH MY GOD
too much information...
*shudder*
but yeah, they should have them at Wal-Mart or any other big box store like that, check the sporting goods section
the site posted above me is good too

I don't know that they have cups, per se, but there are padded groin protectors, much like you see guys wear in boxing.

which sport/style are you training? because the boxing/stand-up style of protector I'm talking about probably won't cut it on the ground.

If you're training in ground, you may have to opt for a guys cup. But this sorta begs the question of how in the hell are you taking that sort of trauma in training? (Incidentally, I am asking this as another woman who trains, not some dumb perv)

I can't say I've ever needed any sort of groin protection over the 5+ years I've been training in multiple disciplines. I just don't get it. But hey, good on you for having the sense to take preventative measure to not repeat that injury. Yikes!

I have the Title womens' groin protector and while it's not the most comfortable thing to wear, it's not uncomfortable per se, and it's better than the alternative. If you're between sizes though I'd go up one. I got a small, I have a 26" waist and 36" hips, and the elastic waist is tight enough that it keeps riding up and pulling a bit tight.

I don't know that they have cups, per se, but there are padded groin protectors, much like you see guys wear in boxing.

which sport/style are you training? because the boxing/stand-up style of protector I'm talking about probably won't cut it on the ground.

If you're training in ground, you may have to opt for a guys cup. But this sorta begs the question of how in the hell are you taking that sort of trauma in training? (Incidentally, I am asking this as another woman who trains, not some dumb perv)

I can't say I've ever needed any sort of groin protection over the 5+ years I've been training in multiple disciplines. I just don't it. But hey, good on you for having the sense to take preventative measure to not repeat that injury. Yikes!

I have injured there twice badly. They were both non martial arts related. First time I was about 9 and showing how to do a karate kick at a tea party. I was in slippery dress shoes on a tile floor. I slipped and landed on the heel of the shoe. The second time I was 18 and decided to step over auditorium seats instead of going around. I stood too far back on the seat and it folded and I landed stratiling the back of the chair. All my weight on my crotch. The chairs were wooden and lined with steel. I haven't been involved with martial arts since a child and want to get back into it along with other sports. I just want to make sure I protect there.

pics or work....?

no just kidding, if this is legit then good luck.

damn. again, yikes.

well, as I said, and for what it's worth-- to date, I've not incurred any injury to the crotch in years of training boxing, muay thai, american kickboxing, bjj, and grappling.

if any of the options mentioned here help, cool. and I'm always in support of being safe, but I'd say the likelihood of similar injury in the sports mentioned above for girls is pretty slim.

Back