Feet Hurt

WrestlingNerd

Green Belt
Reaction score
Whenever I run or jump for awhile as well as do cleans and squats my feet begin to ache. It's usually the area on the sides opposite of the arches. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong and how to correct it?

try new shoes, it sounds simple, but it usually is something simple

I would recommend taking a tennis ball and rolling it around under your feet while you're at home, or even under your desk at work. It feels really good as it stretched out the tendons in your feet. I have found that it helps when my feet get achy.

I would recommend taking a tennis ball and rolling it around under your feet while you're at home, or even under your desk at work. It feels really good as it stretched out the tendons in your feet. I have found that it helps when my feet get achy.

Yeh I agree, I use a golf ball though instead of a tennis ball. Roll around for 60 second each foot it loosens up the feet abit.

To add to the above, what type of shoe are you lifting in? If you are using running shoes, you may need something with more support.

To add to the above, what type of shoe are you lifting in? If you are using running shoes, you may need something with more support.

Or less. I find if I wear running shoes (due to being on the road or something) my feet ache, when I wear my chucks I have no problem.

Of course I have incredibly flat feet, though, so that might be why.

I wear cross trainers for lifting and running however for some lifting, running and doing jump drills I'm in wrestling shoes on a wrestling mat. The tennis/golfball sound good however does anyone think it may have to do with the way I walk?

Back