Fedor's Streak

youngda9

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Fedor Streaks

In the HW division, more than any other division, fights can end with one punch. So a winning streak has MUCH more meaning than in other divisions, IMO.

Looking at Fedor's record. He had a single loss (controversial doctor stoppage) to Kohsaka in his 5th fight, which he later avenged. After that he rattled off 27 straight wins. He fought the majority of the best heavy's during this time, and some other highly regarded ones, along with some cans. If you ignore the Kohsaka controversy (which should've been ruled a NC) you can make an argument for 31 straight.

I'm curious if anyone has ever really complied this information

Below are some popular HW fighter's longest winning streaks.
31 - Igor (the two biggest names during this streak are Gary Goodridge and Paul Varelans, the rest are cans)
16- T. Silvia (12 were in small orgs)
11 - Big Nog
10 - Barnett
9 - Cain

yea, fedor is the goat. He beat some cans, but not many fighters have all of their wins over top quality opponents, everyone fights cans its just an argument that fedor haters made up to try and say only fedor fought cans and thats why he can't be goat, while they ignore everyone else also has some padded wins.

What springs to mind is Sylvia being vastly underrated.

Hell, you can't even spell his name.

Fact is, Sylvia was one of Fedor's great wins. And if you don't aknowledge that, you're dissing Fedor as well as Sylvia.

he has the respect of all the champions in the ufc.
that's my favorite streak.

McGregor is the GOAT. Fedor was decent for a chubby guy.

yea, fedor is the goat. He beat some cans, but not many fighters have all of their wins over top quality opponents, everyone fights cans its just an argument that fedor haters made up to try and say only fedor fought cans and thats why he can't be goat, while they ignore everyone else also has some padded wins.

Many of the fighters who get called "cans" on Fedor's record though were around the same level as or above guys Serra and Takase though who beat rival GOATs.

he has the respect of all the champions in the ufc.
that's my favorite streak.

respect from all fighters but not most sherdoggers, well because most sherdoggers are fickle pieces of shit. He's great though :icon_chee

McGregor is the GOAT. Fedor was decent for a chubby guy.

slender_man_crying_by_shizuru_minamino-d3i50wi.png

Somehow read the topic title as "Fedor's Steak"...now I'm hungry.

People like to call "can crusher" on the guy but lets be honest. It's not like there were 30+ great, or even good heavyweights for him to fight.

His streak was 31. The 1 "loss" was a NC but it was a tournament and someone had to continue on. They did allow a NC, there had to be a winner and a loser. Fun fact TK, who cut Fedor, lost to non other than Randy Couture in the next round. Also not as fun, Randy lost to Valentijn who then lost to Minotauro. And now you know the rest of the story.

Also yes, a run that long against that many people in the HW division is insane. He fought some huge people and heavy hitters. At HW anyone can get clipped and lose. Not Fedor though.

I was a Fedor hater and a UFC fanboy, sigh. I was so dumb.

And then I checked his record and fights. Fedor is the GOAT and now I hate the UFC, go figure.

6000th post. Yay.

His streak was 31. The 1 "loss" was a NC but it was a tournament and someone had to continue on. They did allow a NC, there had to be a winner and a loser. Fun fact TK, who cut Fedor, lost to non other than Randy Couture in the next round. Also not as fun, Randy lost to Valentijn who then lost to Minotauro. And now you know the rest of the story.

Also yes, a run that long against that many people in the HW division is insane. He fought some huge people and heavy hitters. At HW anyone can get clipped and lose. Not Fedor though.

Thanks for clarifying the NC. I recall hearing that.

I was hoping someone would chime in and say...well So and So HW had a streak of so many wins that looks pretty good also. Perhaps there is nothing that even comes close (I think this is the answer).

Fedor put MMA on the map! If not for him, I would not be following MMA today!

Back