Fedor's Streak

His three losses in a row to Werdum, Hendo and Bigfoot, make him look bad and severely tarnish his legacy. because of those three losses, he can no longer be considered the GOAT.

I was a Fedor hater and a UFC fanboy, sigh. I was so dumb.

And then I checked his record and fights. Fedor is the GOAT and now I hate the UFC, go figure.

6000th post. Yay.

It's never too late to embrace the true GOAT.

What springs to mind is Sylvia being vastly underrated.

Hell, you can't even spell his name.

Fact is, Sylvia was one of Fedor's great wins. And if you don't aknowledge that, you're dissing Fedor as well as Sylvia.

Indeed. Sylvia, arlvoski were former ufc champs. Its not mir, randy and barnett were light years beyond them, he beat bascally every top fighter around him for years. If u say fedor sucks, u bascally say the whole hw division sucks.

He has the most impressive win streak and championship run in HW MMA history.

His three losses in a row to Werdum, Hendo and Bigfoot, make him look bad and severely tarnish his legacy. because of those three losses, he can no longer be considered the GOAT.

Legacy is cemented.

He can lose 10 more fights in a row now and it wouldn't change a thing.

Fedor was well past his prime, barely trained, and 2 of the 3 opponents were on PEDs

1 of the 3 is the current UFC HW champ, another would fight for the UFC HW strap not too long after, another is a living MMA legend with one of the greatest resumes in MMA history.

So yeah, still the GOAT

yea, fedor is the goat. He beat some cans, but not many fighters have all of their wins over top quality opponents, everyone fights cans

I agree.

The funny thing is Cain has been fighting the best in the world so he ends up with 3 different opponents in 5 years; and is getting a lot of crap here for that. Sure, his training methods lead to many injuries but he has got to train hard to avoid what happened in the last fight.

my fave fedor tribute to watch back then... respect!
[YT]fWBcpA4l1Qg[/YT]

GSP is the GOAT. Fedor was the greatest heavyweight of all time but not as well rounded as GSP.

I was a Fedor hater and a UFC fanboy, sigh. I was so dumb.

And then I checked his record and fights. Fedor is the GOAT and now I hate the UFC, go figure.

6000th post. Yay.

Your 6000 post > Fedor's streak

How did you manage NOT to get banned all this time. Super impressive

The streak is awfully damn impressive. It is hard to have things work out well for virtually an entire decade.
It turns out that Fedor was pretty good.

GSP is the GOAT. Fedor was the greatest heavyweight of all time but not as well rounded as GSP.

Jab->takedown->blanket

Definitely more well rounded than being able to finish HWs via standing KO, GnP, top sub, bottom sub

Jab->takedown->blanket

Definitely more well rounded than being able to finish HWs via standing KO, GnP, top sub, bottom sub

My thoughts exactly. :icon_cry2 GSP's is last 7 wins were boring decisions. Got KTFO by Serra to lose the belt in the middle of his career.

What springs to mind is Sylvia being vastly underrated.

Hell, you can't even spell his name.

Fact is, Sylvia was one of Fedor's great wins. And if you don't aknowledge that, you're dissing Fedor as well as Sylvia.

I agree. I don't know if our culture over here is too based on a Schwarzenneger-warped ideal, but Tim never got credit.

If Fedor had stopped after Arlovski, he had cleaned every top fighter from his era except Barnett. Cans in there, too (such was the landscape, and NOT just in Pride), but every top heavyweight of the first good generation of MMA.

Many of the fighters who get called "cans" on Fedor's record though were around the same level as or above guys Serra and Takase though who beat rival GOATs.

Yeah no. Zulu is on serras level? Hahahaha..

Ali lost to Trevor Berbick. (Shrug)

Back