Fedor's prime ended early because of his lack of training at real camps

Everyone's prime is different. There is not a magic number lol.

Roy Jones Jr was shot at 37. Bernard Hopkins was still great at 45.

Some athletes rely heavily on athleticism. Others on technique. Others age quicker because of injuries. Some just have better genetics than others.

If you think Fedor was just as good when he fought Bigfoot as he was when he fought Cro Cop in pride then you clearly are lacking the common sense function in your brain. He was slower, out of shape, didn't have the same chin, and had to resort to being a brawler because his body is all beat up. His hand speed was noticeably slower.

I'm 34, almost 35 and I am nowhere near the athlete I was at 25. Tearing your knee up and having back issues will do that to you. I can't even imagine how I'd feel if I had these injuries on top of hundreds of blows to the head from elite level athletes.

Most people who like to dispute the effect that age and wear and tear have on the body are kids in their 20's who haven't felt it yet.

fedor GOAT while doing hula hoops in some soviet schoolyard and chillin in the banya Lol

Fedor's prime ended because he started fighting real fighters and not morbidly obese retarded brazilians in a show that opened with an asian man in a diaper banging a gong

This is what I call clean fighter. If you became the champ in your 40s, you shouldn't call yourself "natural"

TS is like, "Damn Fedor you were one of the greatest fighters of all time but I want you to know if I had been there I could of helped you been something special".

TS, "Me? Oh I'm 19 and work at Arby's".

Fedor, "Bless you son, get me some ice cream".

Do you have any idea how many sandwiches I get for free all year from working there? Plus, I can spit in yours if you ever come in there and it will give me great pleasure.

30 is where things start going down hill for a lot of athletes. A select few can go past 35 and for some it happens even in late 20s.

He's had injuries. Not all of them have been known to the public. Maybe the training required to maintain a very high level of grappling ability is more stressful and risky than stand up oriented sparring, where the chances of injury in training can be mitigated greatly by protective equipment.

What is with the excuses and outright lies for Fedor's losses where folks say well he was out of his prime?
Because he was. He went undefeated for a decade.
What the hell do you think happens when a sport evolves and a guy is still training in small gyms in Russia, fighting only once or twice a year, and fighting a lot of guys that aren't top notch fighters?
He was a small, chubby, quick heavyweight who went undefeated for a decade while training with international fighters. The fact that he starts getting beaten up in his late 30's during the twilight of his career while everyone's juiced to the max doesn't mean shit. Nobody faults Joe Louis for getting KTFO by Marciano. Nobody is going to look back at Roy Jones like a scrub for getting blown away by Enzo Mac or Glen Johnson. Nobody thinks Hunt is a pussy for getting KTFO by JDS and bodywrecked by Schilt. Fighters age.

What is with the excuses and outright lies for Fedor's losses where folks say well he was out of his prime?

What the hell do you think happens when a sport evolves and a guy is still training in small gyms in Russia, fighting only once or twice a year, and fighting a lot of guys that aren't top notch fighters? How is that guy going to continue to be a dominant fighter when he isn't training with the best guys he can to stay sharp or even fighting the best guys? That fighter will eventually start to get exposed, and that is exactly what happened with Fedor. This ridiculous lie about him falling out of his prime never really happened. He just go t way to arrogant and thought he could keep winning with his outdated methods and formula once the bigger guys got more evolved.

Fedor's career could have lasted longer and he likely could have been a better fighter had he woke the hell up and went to some real camps in the US and embraced the change that the rest of the MMA world did.

He ruined what could have been a few more years in MMA. He didn't fall out of his prime. His poor business decisions with management and his ego ruined a large part of his legacy.

THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED WITH FEDOR for newbs who are a little confused when his fan boys drop these threads about him being out of his prime and lying about his losses to guys like Hendo, Big Foot, and Werdum. Not to mention, getting slung around by Rogers.
If you actually watched any of Fedor's fights you would see that he became a head hunter. His strategy went out the window and he just went for the one punch KO every fight. It started around the Rogers fight, maybe a bit earlier.

Because he was. He went undefeated for a decade.
He was a small, chubby, quick heavyweight who went undefeated for a decade while training with international fighters. The fact that he starts getting beaten up in his late 30's during the twilight of his career while everyone's juiced to the max doesn't mean shit. Nobody faults Joe Louis for getting KTFO by Marciano. Nobody is going to look back at Roy Jones like a scrub for getting blown away by Enzo Mac or Glen Johnson. Nobody thinks Hunt is a pussy for getting KTFO by JDS and bodywrecked by Schilt. Fighters age.
His career reeks of a natural athlete and fighter that starts to decline after their early 30's. His clandestine early years may have led to his success, like Karelin. Age, natural age, is ruthless.

If you actually watched any of Fedor's fights you would see that he became a head hunter. His strategy went out the window and he just went for the one punch KO every fight. It started around the Rogers fight, maybe a bit earlier.
This is a good point, too. Look at Hendricks, totally fallen in love with slugging it out. If he had a wrestling dominant approach would he have lost to Wonderboy the way he did? I doubt it.

Fedor's prime ended because he started fighting real fighters and not morbidly obese retarded brazilians in a show that opened with an asian man in a diaper banging a gong
You're just pissed because of that unbelievable kimura.
<24>

Everyone's prime is different. There is not a magic number lol.

Roy Jones Jr was shot at 37. Bernard Hopkins was still great at 45.

Some athletes rely heavily on athleticism. Others on technique. Others age quicker because of injuries. Some just have better genetics than others.

If you think Fedor was just as good when he fought Bigfoot as he was when he fought Cro Cop in pride then you clearly are lacking the common sense function in your brain. He was slower, out of shape, didn't have the same chin, and had to resort to being a brawler because his body is all beat up. His hand speed was noticeably slower.

I'm 34, almost 35 and I am nowhere near the athlete I was at 25. Tearing your knee up and having back issues will do that to you. I can't even imagine how I'd feel if I had these injuries on top of hundreds of blows to the head from elite level athletes.

Most people who like to dispute the effect that age and wear and tear have on the body are kids in their 20's who haven't felt it yet.

Agree 100%. I'm 35 and trained MMA about 3-4 times per week since I was about 20, and done boxing and Muay Thai for even longer.
I only spar in the gym and at inter club tournaments, yet my body is shot. I do yoga, movement classes, take Glucosamine Sulphate for my joints etc,
but i'm still regularly on and off amitriptyline for my aches and pains in my joints and nerves. Getting old sucks without TRT.

I can only imagine what fightingcrocop and big nog etc would do to your body.

Today I learned everyone ages the same.

Fedor's prime didn't end early. Most great boxers of the past were washed up by their mid 30's. Did Sugar Ray Leonard have bad training? LOL

Agree 100%. I'm 35 and trained MMA about 3-4 times per week since I was about 20, and done boxing and Muay Thai for even longer.
I only spar in the gym and at inter club tournaments, yet my body is shot. I do yoga, movement classes, take Glucosamine Sulphate for my joints etc,
but i'm still regularly on and off amitriptyline for my aches and pains in my joints and nerves. Getting old sucks without TRT.

I can only imagine what fightingcrocop and big nog etc would do to your body.

Yeah man its no joke on the body. I've mainly just done jiu jitsu for years, so not nearly the wear and tear from sparring and taking strikes like you've had to deal with, and yet my body fuckin hurts lol.

I also do Yoga, and it definitely helps, but if I miss a week or two the pain comes right back.

All these 23 year Olds saying they know how it feels when your body starts aging just have no clue. Ten years from now I'd love to hear how their perspective has changed. Lol.

Back