• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fedor vs Sonnen, who ya got?

Sonnen by Decision or Fedor by devestating KO.

Today was glorious.
Fedor smashing Sonnen into oblivion with his fists will be equally glorious!

Fedor easily. He is much bigger and has better grappling while Sonnen has shit submission defense and doesn't have the power to KO even chinny Fedor
Fedor is not “much bigger” than Sonnen at all, what are you talking about? They’re about the same size, same frame, Fedor is just fatter. I wouldn’t be surprised if Chael actually had more muscle mass these days. (Kettlebell Fedor had more muscles than Chael, but that was ages ago)

Sonnen used to have shit sub defense from top. But he’s improved it, and I think it’s unlikely Fedor would sub him from bottom.

Tito subbed him from top after Chael pulled guard going for a guillotine (think Chael got overconfident in his BJJ). It’s quite possible Fedor will take down Chael and could sub him after. But, it would be wrong to claim Chael hasn’t greatly improved his sub defense.
I would laugh my head of if Fedor gets beat by a Middleweight (Maybe we can call him LW) but it doesn't matter Meathead beats him again in the final if chael doesn't.
Used to like Fedor but couldn't root for him after that horrible Fábio Maldonado fight, watched live and couldn't believe the result, was shocking.
Because it’s not like Fedor almost KO’d Mitrione right? I’d favor Mitrione by a bit in the rematch, but the first fight could’ve easily gone the other way and so could the second.

Why in the hell would a call by the judges make you dislike Fedor? He had fuck all to do with that, he’s not a judge.

At least when Machida got the decision over Shogun, you could say something about Machida because he aggressively kept defending that he actually won. That’s hardly a major critique of Lyoto, it’s a pretty trivial offense, but at least it’s something to maybe make you like him a bit less. But did Fedor say anything like that?

Loves me some Oregon Gangster, but GOAT is gonna murder that dude

I’ve got Sonnen by wrestling for 15 minutes

Everyone talks soooo much shit about Fabio.

wmzganyoh2nyoettc2gy.gif

The dude has really, really good hands, and a really, really good chin. His boxing career is fucking legit, and everyone underestimated him, including Fedor. He found Fedors chin very early on, and rocked the *HELL* out of him.

giphy.gif

Fedor was in survival mode for the entire fight, and I'm shocked he managed any offense at all, let alone a defense after the shots he ate.

Still got Fedor winning this tourney

Considering Chael had no problems keeping Hampage down, I have my boi Chael by decision. Sonnen over Fedor, what a time to be alive.

Can you imagine Chael having a win on Fedor...
Even less Chael being favored by bookies ( which certainly is a possibility )

Funnily Chael must have been partying because he has zero chance against someone like Mir ( especially the faster stronger kangaroo meat lover we saw yesterday night ) both sizewise and stylewise an horrible match up for him..

I could see Chael taking down old Fedor but can he control even an old past his prime Fedor on the ground..?
Will he be able to bring him down ? Chael will be fully loaded and Fedor's chin seems to be shot so really anything can happen..
Certainly an interesting match up incoming...
What a time to be alive

Still Fedor by TKO

Considering Chael had no problems keeping Hampage down, I have my boi Chael by decision. Sonnen over Fedor, what a time to be alive.

Fedor is a lot harder to control on the ground than Rampage...
Ask Randelman, Coleman etc..
Now he is really old and worn off but Rampage's knee are shot so I still think his bottom game is way better than Rampage's

Rampage was never great from his back, because he almost never got taken down, he was the one taking people down when he still had valid knees..

Back