Fedor VS Jon Jones in Pride

Just so we'd know what Fedor we are talking about

64872d1297631532-fedor-emelianenko-fedorpastpresent.jpg

Hilarious that Jones is so dominant that his pathetic haters have to concoct ridiculous fantasy scenarios in which he loses.

JJ and Fedor don't care one fuck about anyone in this forum.

It's amazing how personal everyone takes it.

They don't care.

jones should not be mentioned in the same sentence as GOATS like Fedor, GSP, Anderson.... he doesn't deserve it given his cocaine test.

Right and Mike Tyson is not an all time great heavyweight... Go get some life experience man

2002-2006 Fedor? Yes

He had a devastating peak that lasted 4 years like Iron Mike at his best. Nobody I've seen beats that version of hungry Emelianenko. It was do or die or go back to poverty in Russia. The dude actually fought like he was trying to murder you. Not Cain, not JDS, not Jon Jones.

And Fedor has also displayed more tools than all 3 of those guys. His sub/ko ratio is amazing.

Well said I don't think people realizes how good Fedor was. He will always be the Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky, Muhammed Ali of MMA, The greatest.

Last edited:
Hilarious that Jones is so dominant that his pathetic haters have to concoct ridiculous fantasy scenarios in which he loses.

It's mostly Jones fans starting these Fedor-Jones comparison threads because they think Jones has surpassed him.
Let me be clear:
Jones can only surpass Fedor by moving up to HW and continuing his dominance there. He's MUCH bigger than Fedor so there's no excuses.

Fedor next to Arlovski:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3116/3221002927_2619132404.jpg
Jones next to Arlovski:
http://img.mixedmartialarts.com/method=get&s=andrei-arlovski-jon-jones.jpg

Look at that size difference. Jones will never surpass Fedor unless he moves up. Fact.

It's mostly Jones fans starting these Fedor-Jones comparison threads because they think Jones has surpassed him.
Let me be clear:
Jones can only surpass Fedor by moving up to HW and continuing his dominance there. He's MUCH bigger than Fedor so there's no excuses.

Fedor next to Arlovski:
Jones next to Arlovski:

Look at that size difference. Jones will never surpass Fedor unless he moves up. Fact.

Not even then....Fedor was never caught or suspected of using PED's or recreational drugs or heavy drugs...or any drugs really.

Let me be clear:

Fedor next to Arlovski:
Jones next to Arlovski:

Its really pathetic isnt it how much bigger jones is yet he fights in a smaller weight class

I think Jones would win. Jones has never been knocked down so how is a soccer kick going to happen? Is Fedor going to take Jones down? Not likely, this fight goes where Jones wants it. Fedor can land a lucky KO and that is it. Jones knows that too though.

Fedor wasn't knocked down or out until he was well out of his prime, and was no longer trainer as well as he should have. (As confirmed by his manager and trainers -- prior to the Arlovski fight, before he lost a single fight.) And honestly, have you seen Fedor's transition game? Do you think that a knock down is the only way to get the fight to the ground?

His striking-clinch-takedown combinations are world class, and Jones has absolutely no experience in guarding against Fedor's style. Fedor was faster, stronger, more powerful, and more well-rounded than Jones. Fedor via TKO or submission.

^ You've been around here for a year and a half, and have thousands of posts. You should probably spend more time watching older fights, and less time posting.

Not even then....Fedor was never caught or suspected of using PED's or recreational drugs or heavy drugs...or any drugs really.

Fedor has also never spoken poorly, cursed his opponent, thrown punches at a weigh-in or media event, etc. The guy is all class, and the greatest mixed martial artist of all time.

Big fan of both, but I under Pride rules, you take away Jones's greatest striking weapon; elbows...Also, Jones's cardio looked suspect last fight...With those points in mind, I must go with Fedor by some late stoppage...

Jones has never been knocked down or even rocked.

It could happen, sure. But very likely it is not.

True. He does not seem to react well to being hit though. Add that to the fact that he never fought anybody with Fedor's punching power and the fact that Jones relies heavily on the size of the octagan (as compared to the smaller Pride ring) with his movent and distance, and I'd say there is a very good chance of Fedor connecting.

What are the alternatives if both men lose?

Jones goes back to NY and plays more playstation

Fedor goes back to a torn country with barely anything to eat and dreaming of becoming a cosmonaut while being a full time electrician. Once his family was well taken care of and he found god, he went out and winged it. He didn't gameplan like Nog 3 or Werdum would've been in deep shit. He also would've beat Bigfoot and Dan without the trt I believe.

26 year old Fedor looked like Tyson at age 20. Lets get the job done or go home. I'm not sure people realize how much drive you can get from your upbringing and wanting to better yourself so you never go back. Fedor was a driven man back in the day. Aldo is a good example aswell.

Jon Jones isn't stopping him.

Fedor by sub or KO

the fangirl in me wont let me think otherwise

I'll go with the guy who didn't get knocked out by a 40-year-old mw.

I think Jones would win. Jones has never been knocked down so how is a soccer kick going to happen? Is Fedor going to take Jones down? Not likely, this fight goes where Jones wants it. Fedor can land a lucky KO and that is it. Jones knows that too though.

Yeah, I'm sure the guy that got arm-barred by Vitor, taken down by Gus, and outstruck for two rounds by Cormier could only be beaten by lucky punch by such a one-dimensional scrub like Fedor.

Back