Fedor VS Jon Jones in Pride

Bmartin89

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I say Fedor by KO, Jones would not be able to adapt to the Pride style fighting & would get knocked out via soccer kicks. Fedor = GOAT

I say Fedor by KO, Jones would not be able to adapt to the Pride style fighting & would get knocked out via soccer kicks. Fedor = GOAT

Soccer kicks would imply that Fedor took Jones down. That's not likely.

I'm a Fedor fan (and Jones fan too), and the most realistic outcome of that fight is Fedor being stopped due to cuts by elbows.

No man beats Fedor in PRIDE.

Soccer kicks would imply that Fedor took Jones down. That's not likely.

I'm a Fedor fan (and Jones fan too), and the most realistic outcome of that fight is Fedor being stopped due to cuts by elbows.

That's actually the most unrealistic outcome.

No elbows allowed.

No man beats Fedor in PRIDE.

That's actually the most unrealistic outcome.

No elbows allowed.

Lol, my bad, I was instantly thinking UFC apparently.

Hilarious that Jones is so dominant that his pathetic haters have to concoct ridiculous fantasy scenarios in which he loses.

jones should not be mentioned in the same sentence as GOATS like Fedor, GSP, Anderson.... he doesn't deserve it given his cocaine test.

jones should not be mentioned in the same sentence as GOATS like Fedor, GSP, Anderson.... he doesn't deserve it given his cocaine test.

Explain why? You need your champions to be paragons of virtue or they are invalid? Cocaine did not in any way help Jones win any of his fights.

I think Jones would win. Jones has never been knocked down so how is a soccer kick going to happen? Is Fedor going to take Jones down? Not likely, this fight goes where Jones wants it. Fedor can land a lucky KO and that is it. Jones knows that too though.

No elbows + Ring, I definitely give the edge to Fedor.

Not in the UFC though.

Jones via soccer kicks fom across the ring.

Pride Fedor is a GOD to Jon Jones. In a ring...in a cage...in a phonebooth...

Considering Jones wouldn't have hit puberty yet, Fedor all the way.

If they fought today? Jones.

Bear in mind, Jones wouldn't be Jones if he fought back in the Pride era, that was a different time for MMA.

2002-2006 Fedor? Yes

He had a devastating peak that lasted 4 years like Iron Mike at his best. Nobody I've seen beats that version of hungry Emelianenko. It was do or die or go back to poverty in Russia. The dude actually fought like he was trying to murder you. Not Cain, not JDS, not Jon Jones.

And Fedor has also displayed more tools than all 3 of those guys. His sub/ko ratio is amazing.

This would actually not be that straightforward of a fight since a squared rind provides for different movement patterns that the Octagon. Nobody had better movement in ring than Fedor (and CC in setting up his strikes), so I gotta go with the ring general himself.

Back