Fedor NOT with the UFC

Just this Friday on Bellator 141 they advertised Fedor being at a fan expo to sign autographs. It's not a done deal.

Same casuals who spend hours trying to catch up on what they missed and act like they know shit they dont.

Along with the multitude of harcore fans. He brings in massive PPV numbers.

Like the whopping 13k buyrate his fight with Lindland pulled in??

The most he ever done was 100k - comparatively that would be lowest buyrate in over the last 100 UFC ppv's.

Last edited:
Vadim involved in these discussions scares me. It would be an extremely huge disappointment to me if Fedor signs with any organization other than UFC.

I had posted that in the rumor thread a while ago.

Vadim is still Fedor's representative but M-1 Global is out of the picture.

gonna laugh hard if he ends up in a ring in Russia against some M1 "contender".

The UFC needs Fedor. Fedor needs the UFC. The Fact that Fedor brought 100k to an anti-mainstream org like Affliction is a far bigger accomplishment than a chump like Jon Jones averaging 4- 500 K for the biggest and most mainstream MMA promotion in history. The illiterate toothless anti-Fedor sentiment in this thread is unbearable.

The UFC needs Fedor. Fedor needs the UFC. The Fact that Fedor brought 100k to an anti-mainstream org like Affliction is a far bigger accomplishment than a chump like Jon Jones averaging 4- 500 K for the biggest and most mainstream MMA promotion in history. The illiterate toothless anti-Fedor sentiment in this thread is unbearable.

Dude. You are funny!

Well the next event did 90k buys - if it was such an accomplishment why did his second headlined card do 10% worse?

Basically Afflictions MMA history with Fedor as their main guy went like this

First Event - 100k ppv buys

Second - 90k Ppv buys

Third - company folds...

Not exactly an accomplishment you brag about.

Last edited:
those affliction fights werent anything that anyone cared to pay $50 for... tim silvia? arvolski who was on a losing streak? not exactly big draw fights... if fedor comes back and gets a shot at top 3 competition off the bat it will do huge ppv numbers, specially with the magical pr team that the UFC has

Zuffa just needs to throw a bunch of money at him, and its a done deal. Fedor's gonna bring in massive PPV #s, so what loss will Zuffa take?

Fedor has NEVER brought in massive ppvs and after being retired for years he will bring in even less.

This about the UFC deal with Russian broadcasters more than anything else.

I don't get why ppl think he'll be such a big draw? Apart from hardcore fans, most casuals don't have a clue who he is.

That would matter if the UFC wasn't going to put their marketing division behind him (if signed) and sell him as the most dangerous fighter to ever step foot in a cage.

They made Bethe seem like a beast women's fighter and she had almost nothing to work with. Fedor has a library of proof he is an MMA God for them to work with. By the time they are done, the casual fans will buy it hook, line, and sinker.

Old Fedor will be the greatest threat to the HW division since Brock if they give him the right fights and he manages to win.

I am not that excited to see Fedor at this stage though. It would be great if he went on a rampage, but he is even remotely the same fighter he was a few years ago. Age takes far more than it gives.

Vadim Fecalstain is the pilot fish of Russian MMA.

I don't get why ppl think he'll be such a big draw? Apart from hardcore fans, most casuals don't have a clue who he is.

I agree that most casuals don't know who he is.....or have heard the name but don't know any history behind his career. However, the UFC is really good at advertising and marketing. Something tells me they won't have much of a problem promoting Fedor and catching the fans interest.

However, his first fight shouldn't be with Mark Hunt. We've seen that fight. All these years I've wanted to see Fedor fight in the UFC and they will probably put him against someone he's already fought.

it is all up to UFC. whenever DW says some outrageous bullshit, everyone is like "it is all business, it is marketing" blah blah blah.
but when a great but unknown to casuals fighter appears, everyone is like "but nobody knows him".
look at what they did with Ronda and Conor.

Back