Fedor NOT with the UFC

GibsterMMA

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/9/1...or-emelianenko-yet-to-sign-with-any-promotion

Fedor Emelianenko is still looking for a new home.

That's according to Emelianenko's long-time friend and manager Vadim Finkelchtein, who told MMAFighting.com on Tuesday that "The Last Emperor" has yet to sign with any particular organization.

"Not yet," Finkelchtein said when asked if Emelianenko has signed a new deal. "At this moment, we are just talking."

Combat Press reported Tuesday that Emelianenko has officially signed with the UFC, however, Finkelchtein, who said a deal with the UFC is still "possible," said that report was premature. While not officially his manager, Finkelchtein said he is currently helping Emelianenko field offers from various promotions.

The former PRIDE heavyweight champion has drawn interest from virtually every major promotion around the world after announcing last month that he was ready to end his three-year retirement.

"Fedor is training every day and wants to fight," Finchelchtein added. He would not provide a timetable for when Emelianenko would return to action.

When asked where his first fight would take place, Finchelchtein said, "Maybe first in Russia," though he would not elaborate any further. Emelianenko has also drawn interest from the yet-to-be officially announced Japanese promotion headed up by former PRIDE executive Nobuyuki Sakakibara, which could debut as soon as New Year's Eve.

How do I delete this thread? For some reason it posted twice

UFC trying to drive his prices down a bit more. All in good time.

Zuffa just needs to throw a bunch of money at him, and its a done deal. Fedor's gonna bring in massive PPV #s, so what loss will Zuffa take?

Zuffa just needs to throw a bunch of money at him, and its a done deal. Fedor's gonna bring in massive PPV #s, so what loss will Zuffa take?

I don't get why ppl think he'll be such a big draw? Apart from hardcore fans, most casuals don't have a clue who he is.

I don't get why ppl think he'll be such a big draw? Apart from hardcore fans, most casuals don't have a clue who he is.

Same casuals who spend hours trying to catch up on what they missed and act like they know shit they dont.

Along with the multitude of harcore fans. He brings in massive PPV numbers.

dana-throwing-money-at-fedor.gif

fedordanagif.gif

Finkelchtein can go to hell, he destroys everything he touches.

Fedor should get rid of that scum a long time ago.

Exactly ! I love Fedor but even his Affliction cards long time ago in the US were like 80.000 - 100.000 PPV.

He is NOT a draw, perhaps he was in Japan, but these fans are completely different.

wish he'd stayed retired,cause comebacks seldom go well.

Danatard, If Fedor signs I'll buy my first ppv in over 5 years. :eek:

Same casuals who spend hours trying to catch up on what they missed and act like they know shit they dont.

Along with the multitude of harcore fans. He brings in massive PPV numbers.

No he doesn't. You're talking out of your ass.

This^^^^^^^^ hate it or love it fedor fans but this is true. Even when they hype him up in the promos casuals are gonna be like never heard of him

Obvious damage control. They don't want it announced yet.

Back