• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fedor fans check out this New Awesome HL

When was Hendo top 10 at HW? Never. He was handpicked by Fedor's team and Fedor still lost in the first round.

Hendo is in top 5 greatest fighters to ever grace mma. I can't say that about the japanese fighter that sub Anderson lol. Anderson is still a great fighter but he's not the GOAT

You need to do better research about where these fighters were at in their careers at the time. Even Herring was a very highly regarded contender at the time he fought Fedor - how do you not know this?

The UFC was NOT the best org for a good chunk of time. Fedor fought the very elite of UFC:s HWs of his own era in Arlovski and Sylvia and destroyed them. Piss all over them if you like, it just shows you don't know your history. Or maybe you do and just chose to misrepresent it.

At the time Herrings best wins were Vovchanchyn and Kerr. Vovchanchyn was a great win, due to name recognition but when he fought Herring, he had just been submitted by Mario Sperry, and proceeded to lose to Rampage and Cro Cop right after. And Kerr had just to Vovchanchyn and Fujita.

Fedor fought Herring around the time he lost to Nog (no shame in that) but also lost to a much smaller Vitor Belfort prior to fighting Fedor.

Someone once told me, write an essay about Fedor. I just wrote "GOAT"

So how many title defenses does Fedor have? Didn't he retire at 33, after losing to a bunch of mediocre fighters who never claimed a title afterwards?

At the time Herrings best wins were Vovchanchyn and Kerr. Vovchanchyn was a great win, due to name recognition but when he fought Herring, he had just been submitted by Mario Sperry, and proceeded to lose to Rampage and Cro Cop right after. And Kerr had just to Vovchanchyn and Fujita.

Fedor fought Herring around the time he lost to Nog (no shame in that) but also lost to a much smaller Vitor Belfort prior to fighting Fedor.

Even Herring was a top name at the time, is my point. For someone that hinges Silva's legacy on fucking Griffin-Bonnar-Leben you should tread lightly with this revisionist bullshit. None of these guys were anything but competent, and can easily be dismissed in hindsight.

Fedor fought plenty of top tier guys, at the time.

And where do you get off brushing Fedor's wins over Nog and Cro Cop to the side. Those were dominant performances over the very apex fighters at the time. The most feared striker BY FAR at HW and the best grappler and legendary no 1 fighter in the world at the time. Fedor fought both to their strengths and beat them.

Silva has nothing that comes close to these scalps. Rich Franklin and Vitor Belfort are game fighters, but not legends like Nog and Cro Cop. And MW Hendo got beat by Jake Shields FFS.

What kind of GOAT resume is that?

Fedor has the same stigma as mike tyson, you can watch their old clips and remember them as fighters and how amazing they were; but a lot of the casual fans only remember the end of their careers and the losses. Both are ATGs in my book, fedor being the GOAT of MMA. I do think Cain has a legitimate shot at being HW GOAT when he retires. He actually reminds me a lot of fedor.

I watched Tyson all through his career. Crazy power and speed... mentally week. "The end of his career" has nothing to do with it. He fought a relatively week field of frightened fighters, did a little bit of ducking along the way, and never encountered the smallest bit of adversity until his fight with Buster Douglas... at which point he crumbled. Nowhere near GOAT material.

Fedor is a whole different beast. Fast and powerful AND with heart like Ali.

Peoples opinions don't mean anything to me. It's all subjective to their favorite fighters, and they are blinded by actual facts.

While Fedor dominating HW was impressive, I'll repeat and quote what I've already said: "What legitimate, top wins has Fedor got, other than Cro Cop and Nog?"

At the time, Schilt and Coleman were good wins as well, but not top wins by any means. The time Fedor fought Coleman the first time, Coleman had already reached his physical peak winning the Pride GP. When he fought Fedor a whole 4 years later, his best win out of two was Don Frye (who had completely fallen off by then himself).

HMC, Zulu, MW Lindland, Hunt with zero ground game, Sylvia and Arlovski who's careers were practically dead at the time, Rogers, LHW Arona, MW Sobral, Goodridge, Nagata, Herring, Fujita are all mediocre wins, at the time he fought them.

It's a joke to compare that career to Anderson Silva's who up until Weidman, in the UFC - the biggest MMA org in the world, went 16 - 0, most successful and consecutive title defenses. A top 10 ten fighter in 3 different weight classes, most finishes in UFC title fights, most finishes in UFC history, most consecutive wins in the UFC, tied GSP for most wins in UFC title fights. Highest significant strike accuracy in UFC (67.8%), most knockdowns landed in UFC history, tied Chuck and Randy for third most wins in the UFC, longest UFC title reign.

Moved up in weight, KO'd and embarrassed former champ Griffin who was coming off of back to back wins over Shogun and Rampage, third man to ever submit Hendo (a man who beat Fedor), the Nogs are the others to do it first. First man to legitimately stop Belfort. First man to stop Okami with strikes, second man to stop Franklin, Machida was the first. First man to stop Marquardt, first man to stop Leben, first man to stop Bonnar due to strikes.

And the way he did things in there, Fedor can't hold a candle to. Flying knee KO's, front kick KO's, upward elbow KO's, upkick KO's, head kick KO's.

Fedor was a great fighter, but Anderson is GOAT.

i agree with this to some degree, but questioning fedors opponents and ignoring how weak the middle weight division is is hypocritical. i think it is hard to say which fighter is better.. both are great. both could be GOAT!saying marquardt, leben, forrest, and bonnar are world class compared to fedors opponents is hilarious

so how many title defenses does fedor have? Didn't he retire at 33, after losing to a bunch of mediocre fighters who never claimed a title afterwards?

he had numerous defenses of the goat title

Hate to break it to you all, but at the rate Jon Jones is going he's gonna go down as GOAT in the next ~2 years.

i agree with this to some degree, but questioning fedors opponents and ignoring how weak the middle weight division is is hypocritical. i think it is hard to say which fighter is better.. both are great. both could be GOAT!saying marquardt, leben, forrest, and bonnar are world class compared to fedors opponents is hilarious

I never said they was world class wins, I just said he was the first man to legitimately stop them. But whatever the argument, Forrest was a top 5 LHW at the time, just coming off winning the LHW championship with back to back wins over prime Shogun and Rampage. Anderson moved up in weight and demolished him.

Funny how everyone calls Fedor the goat and points to his wins over big nog and cro cop. What do nog and crop cop have in common? They both have done shit in the ufc and fedor beating them means hes the goat ha ha ha ha

Pride was overated. You had a bunch of lesser talent guys making exciting fights becuase there not as skilled so everyone thought they were the best in the world becuase there fights were nuts. How many pride guys have had success in the big show? Not many. This thread should be called Fedor nuthuggers check out this new HL

Even Herring was a top name at the time, is my point. For someone that hinges Silva's legacy on fucking Griffin-Bonnar-Leben you should tread lightly with this revisionist bullshit. None of these guys were anything but competent, and can easily be dismissed in hindsight.

Fedor fought plenty of top tier guys, at the time.

And where do you get off brushing Fedor's wins over Nog and Cro Cop to the side. Those were dominant performances over the very apex fighters at the time. The most feared striker BY FAR at HW and the best grappler and legendary no 1 fighter in the world at the time. Fedor fought both to their strengths and beat them.

Silva has nothing that comes close to these scalps. Rich Franklin and Vitor Belfort are fighters, but not legends like Nog and Cro Cop. And MW Hendo got beat by Jake Shields FFS.

What kind of GOAT resume is that?

I never disregarded Cro Cop and Nog, if you read my earlier posts, you would know that I said they was his best wins. And Hendo, a legend in the sport, Anderson submitted. Hendo is the same guy that knocked Fedor out in a minute. So yeah, Anderson has plenty on his resume when it comes to Nog and Cro Cop on Fedors. Sakurai - who was regarded as the top P4P fighter in the world at the time, Hendo, Belfort are just to name a few.

Still a Japanese promotion.

The fact that Mark Kerr was the most feared man at HW at the time speaks volumes about the state of the HW division at that time.

You're only showing your newb ignorance. Whether Kerr was the most feared HW is arguable because there were some seriously skilled fighters in MMA even back then. Still, acting like he wasn't a good fighter or like fighters are light years ahead now is insane. Do you want to pretend that Dan Severn, Mark Coleman, Kevin Randleman and Don Frye weren't all skilled wrestlers? They were damn good and they were pioneers in the sport! You want to pretend Igor, Crocop, Big Nog, Arlovski, Schilt, Lindland, Barnett and Werdum weren't skilled strikers/grapplers?

Kerr was a basically undefeated fighter with about a dozen wins who was an NCAA and ADCC champion. Up until he lost to Fujita he obliterated pretty much everyone he fought inside a few minutes. If a guy like that came into the UFC people would be touting him as a good fighter and rightfully so. If he didn't have a bit of a late start and problems with addiction and a crazy family life he probably wouldn't have crashed and burned like he did.

You're that same guy who would act like Newton or Archimedes weren't great scientists because they got some stuff wrong or scientists today have shown more knowledge and tools. If scientists today know more, you know why that is? Because of guys like Newton and Archimedes paving the way. You put those guys like Newton or Archimedes into today's body of knowledge and they'd still shine, just as many of the top fighters from 10 years ago would in today's MMA environment if they were younger.

Unless you can point out to me some fighter who are winning NCAA championships then going and winning a K-1 grand prix and topping it off with a victory in Mundials, you should just keep your fantasies about fighters from 10 years ago being mediocre to yourself.

Anderson is a great fighter who lost to several guys he shouldn't have in his prime. Fedor lost to no one in his prime but did toward the end. Both are GOATs. If you want to call one GOAT #1 and the other #2 that's ok in either order, but they're both right up there.

Pride was overated. You had a bunch of lesser talent guys making exciting fights becuase there not as skilled so everyone thought they were the best in the world becuase there fights were nuts. How many pride guys have had success in the big show? Not many. This thread should be called Fedor nuthuggers check out this new HL

Back then the best UFC HWs were Sylvia and Arlovski. Sylvia was the most dominant champ in UFC HW history. Arlovski beat Werdum his last fight for the UFC, so he wasn't exactly a has been. Fedor destroyed both.

Pride was far superior to the UFC at HW back then. Even Strikeforce had a large chunk of the very best HWs in Cormier, Werdum, Barnett, Silva, Fedor and Overeem when he was at his very enhanced best.

uhm its not your fault that you missed the pride era I guess but since you can post here you can also watch fights and educate yourself which you should try because then you maybe wouldnt post bullshit like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Rat
Back