• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Fedor did lose in his prime

To toyishi kohsoka and thats a fact. You may pretend that it doesn’t count but its a fact that kohsoka threw a punch and it caused a fight ending cut on Fedor and the official decision was a TKO victory for kohsoka. If the fight continued, fedor would not been able to fight effectively and he would have been KO’d for real . If fedor was as good as fanboys say he was, he would have dodged or blocked the strike cleanly and not been tagged by the elbow.

He was still in his prime when he lost to Werdum, BF and Hendo. He did have 4 losses in his prime, one against a can and one against a much older MW, and I personally still think he lost to Arona another much smaller guy. These losses haunt his legacy.

To toyishi kohsoka and thats a fact. You may pretend that it doesn’t count but its a fact that kohsoka threw a punch and it caused a fight ending cut on Fedor and the official decision was a TKO victory for kohsoka. If the fight continued, fedor would not been able to fight effectively and he would have been KO’d for real . If fedor was as good as fanboys say he was, he would have dodged or blocked the strike cleanly and not been tagged by the elbow.

The loss was a fluke loss....

If you watch the footage the cut was caused by a MISSED looping punch in which his elbow catches fedor and reopens a cut sustained in an earlier bout against Arona.

Elbows of ANY KIND are illegal but since the doctors ruled he couldn't continue instead of a Dq loss for TK resulting in both fighters being eliminated they chose to allow TK to advance in a very wierd and controversial decision. It's like being gouged in the eye to where you cant see then losing the fight for not being able to see lmfao complete nonsense.

He was still in his prime when he lost to Werdum, BF and Hendo. He did have 4 losses in his prime, one against a can and one against a much older MW, and I personally still think he lost to Arona another much smaller guy. These losses haunt his legacy.

I'll give you werdum and bigfoot as fedor could be considered PRIME I mean werdum he was still unbeaten you cant really say much.His skills were declining as was evidenced in previous fights but he was unbeaten and finally got beat.Bigfoot was the fight that showed fedor was regressing and his time as the #1 Hw was over.Fight with Hendo was 2 past prime legends super fight it wasn't prime vs prime.

Fedor lost 2 times legitly in his prime against 2 top ten Hws at the time and both guys would go on to challenge for the UFC hw title and werdum actually becoming champion.

I'd love to see ANY of these UFC guys deal with PRIDE rules and rounds let alone fighting as often as fedor did and competing in multiple combat sports.....no one compares in that reguard.

Idiotic "it's a real loss" claim/shenanigans aside, Fedor wasn't in his prime in his 5th fucking fight.

He probably started his prime period around the Herring fight, which is when a lot of people began to really notice him.

Wouldve lost to Arona under unified rules as well. Still the HW Goat though

Jones is 31
GSP retired at 32
Fedor lost at 33

When Fedor was 32 his record was 31-1

Good point, but haters will just move the goal posts per usual. In b4 Yakuza, steroids, fixed fights, Hong Mon Choi, new breed, and beat by a mw.

Slanderizing hate speech

Except it wasn't a punch, it was an elbow that grazed him and cut him. Elbows were illegal in that promotion.

He got cut by an illegal strike and yet he was given the loss, which is why people don't really count it.

If I recall correctly, it was a tournament, so one of them had to advance to the next stage.

He also lost to Werdum and SIlva when he was in his prime. Dont @ me Fedor fangirls

Don't forget Henderson, Mitrone and Bader. Lets face it, age is just a number, and Fedor is as good today as he ever was, its just that he's been exposed.

The sad fact is, half of Sherdog could do what he did if we wanted to.

fedor lost to 3 steroid cheats out of his prime (werdum, henderson, bigfoot). Now his chin has been reduced to dust.

Fedor vs Liddell would be hella quick and interesting. Give it to us Oscar/Scott

Boy be gettin shoved around by Bert Rogers for godsake. Pre Christianity/Pride Fedor was the best.

Fedor, with his Combat Sambo experience walked into his first MMA fight with the closest thing to a complete MMA skillset as anyone up to that point and probably anyone to follow for a few years.

That being said, the TK hit was an illegal elbow for which he would have been DQ'ed or the fight would have been NC. However, it was a tournament and Fedor could not continue and there were no alternates. There was no choice but to give someone a bye (which would not be fair) or let TK continue. Under the circumstances, the promoters made the only logical business decision they could and let TK continue.

So officially, yes it is a loss. For the purpose of discussing Fedor's body of work as the GOAT or one of the GOATs, it has no value. It means nothing.

I don't believe Fedor is the GOAT, but when you are at this level of MMA lawyering to make a point, you are done.

You dumbass, an illegal blow is not a loss.

Fedor haters are the dumbest mouth breathers on the planet.

He lost to Werdum in his prime. All the losses after that were when he was past it

Except Arlovski,overeem,,soa paleilei,travis Browne ...

Remember Bigfoot was a UFC hw title challenger lol
Yeah after getting KTFO by DC in Round 1. What the hell were they thinking? I'm amazed they made 2 fights with him and Cain after how the first one ended...

Back