Feb 8. Whats on

DeJulez

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I enjoy it when there's cards spread out through the day.
Heres the main events for today.

Feb. 8: Sheffield, England (DAZN)

• Kell Brook vs. Mark DeLuca, 12 rounds, junior middleweights

• Kid Galahad vs. Claudio Marrero, 12 rounds, IBF featherweight eliminator
Feb. 8: Allentown, Pa. (Showtime)
  • Title fight: Gary Russell Jr. vs. Tugstsogt Nyambayar, 12 rounds, for Russell's WBC featherweight title

• Title fight: Guillermo Rigondeaux vs. Liborio Solis, 12 rounds, for vacant WBA "regular" bantamweight title
Feb. 8: Panama
  • Title fight: Wilfredo Mendez vs. Gabriel Mendoza, 12 rounds, for Mendez's WBO strawweight title
Feb. 8: Kiev, Ukraine
  • Title fight: Artem Dalakian vs. Josber Perez, 12 rounds, for Dalakian's WBA flyweight title
Feb. 8: Daytona Beach, Fla. (Payne Boxing Facebook and YouTube)
  • Evan Holyfield vs. Travis Nero, 4 rounds, junior middleweights
Anthony Yarde also fights some can in Spain for those interested

That Anthony Yarde fight is ridiculous lol

Several fights I’d love to watch. Seems like a good day

You guys talk about mismanaged careers....Yarde yikes. They really dropped the ball with this guy.
He literally just fought for a title

If anything he was managed perfectly....

Imagine cashing in 2 or 3 times with someone of his level.

That's good management.

He literally just fought for a title

If anything he was managed perfectly....
And got beat, and now is fighting some random nobody is Spain on a card nobody cares about.

It's a hell of a step down from a world title, especially as his name was thrown in the hat for Canelo's next opponent.

And got beat, and now is fighting some random nobody is Spain on a card nobody cares about.

It's a hell of a step down from a world title, especially as his name was thrown in the hat for Canelo's next opponent.
Bingo. At one point the UK media was billing him as the next RJJ.
Isnt he a lot older than he looks too?

Bingo. At one point the UK media was billing him as the next RJJ.
Isnt he a lot older than he looks too?
I think he's in his late 20s. I never really put much stock in him being the next anything because he pretty much fought nobodies for 99% of his career. He did better than I thought he would against Kovalev though

He was supposed to be the next superstar.
A lot of guys are.

As a manager your goal is to cash in.

Yeah if he beat Kovalev.

You make it seem like he'd get Canelo because of his name.

If you get a guy to a title shot you've done your job.

And they did it early so he has a ton of time to cash in yet again...probably a couple times.

So what other than that is your goal as manager? Protect an artificial undefeated record? Because there's not much money in that...

A lot of guys are.

Yeah if he beat Kovalev.

And they did it early so he has a ton of time to cash in yet again...probably a couple times.

So what other than that is your goal as manager? Protect an artificial undefeated record? Because there's not much money in that...
No, I mean there were talks of him fighting Canelo back in December.

I'd rather my fighter be in fights that people actually watch and care about. Is fighting absolute nobodies all of your career, only to get beat by the first sign of legit competition, then going back to beating nobodies again really that great of a system?

A lot of guys are.

Yeah if he beat Kovalev.

He had nowhere near the resume or pro level experience to help with Kovalev.
He did surprisingly well just based off natural ability and athleticism alone. They definitely could of built him along better.

He went from having no depth to fighting one the toughest and most dangerous test in the division.

Never got any buzz about his fights. Now hes kind of irrelevant.

No, I mean there were talks of him fighting Canelo back in December.

I'd rather my fighter be in fights that people actually watch and care about. Is fighting absolute nobodies all of your career, only to get beat by the first sign of legit competition, then going back to beating nobodies again really that great of a system?
I see what you mean....

But honestly if my guy has to crush a few cans in between cashing in every couple years, sign me up. Him and i will be fat and rich.

Whatever happens today in boxing, nothing will outshine this.

Yarde’s fight tonight is a WBO rulings manipulation. It’s just to get a win so he can be in contention for a title.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/666338/boxing-news-anthony-yarde-next-fight-spain/

After beating Yarde, Kovalev was dethroned by Canelo Alvarez who then vacated the WBO light-heavyweight title.

As a result, the governing body ordered Gilberto Ramirez vs Eleider Alvarez and Umar Salamov vs Maxim Vlasov as two eliminators with the winners set to meet for the vacant belt.

There are rumours Ramirez may pull out of the tournament and Yarde could be in contention to take his position due to his WBO ranking.

However, WBO rules state you must be coming off a win to be able to be involved in their title fights – hence the Spain six-rounder for Yarde.

I enjoy it when there's cards spread out through the day.
Heres the main events for today.

Feb. 8: Sheffield, England (DAZN)

• Kell Brook vs. Mark DeLuca, 12 rounds, junior middleweights

• Kid Galahad vs. Claudio Marrero, 12 rounds, IBF featherweight eliminator
Feb. 8: Allentown, Pa. (Showtime)
  • Title fight: Gary Russell Jr. vs. Tugstsogt Nyambayar, 12 rounds, for Russell's WBC featherweight title

• Title fight: Guillermo Rigondeaux vs. Liborio Solis, 12 rounds, for vacant WBA "regular" bantamweight title
Feb. 8: Panama
  • Title fight: Wilfredo Mendez vs. Gabriel Mendoza, 12 rounds, for Mendez's WBO strawweight title
Feb. 8: Kiev, Ukraine
  • Title fight: Artem Dalakian vs. Josber Perez, 12 rounds, for Dalakian's WBA flyweight title
Feb. 8: Daytona Beach, Fla. (Payne Boxing Facebook and YouTube)
  • Evan Holyfield vs. Travis Nero, 4 rounds, junior middleweights
Anthony Yarde also fights some can in Spain for those interested

Yeah, nice spread of fights tonight on different channels at different times. I can record some and watch in the morning.

In the UK, the Brook card is on Sky starting from 7pm and then the Russel Jr on BT/BoxNation from 2am, then repeated at 10am.

The UFC is on one of the BT channels too.

Yarde’s fight tonight is a WBO rulings manipulation. It’s just to get a win so he can be in contention for a title.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/666338/boxing-news-anthony-yarde-next-fight-spain/

After beating Yarde, Kovalev was dethroned by Canelo Alvarez who then vacated the WBO light-heavyweight title.

As a result, the governing body ordered Gilberto Ramirez vs Eleider Alvarez and Umar Salamov vs Maxim Vlasov as two eliminators with the winners set to meet for the vacant belt.

There are rumours Ramirez may pull out of the tournament and Yarde could be in contention to take his position due to his WBO ranking.

However, WBO rules state you must be coming off a win to be able to be involved in their title fights – hence the Spain six-rounder for Yarde.
Funnily enough though people have pointed out that they haven't been consistent with this in the past. Jessie Vargas got a shot at the vacant WBO after losing to Bradley, and Antonio Nieves got a shot against Inoue after losing to Nikolai Potapov.

Back