Favourite Godfather Movie?

Always found Part II to be incredibly overrated.

Definitely 2 for me. 3 is an abomination!

I recommend you guys watch once upon a time in America

The EU version (the longest one)

Great movie

i love them both but i gotta go with 1

I have to go with part I, the diner scene where Michael kills the 2 guys is one of my favorite scenes in movie history.

and as far as im concerned, there is no part 3

I voted part II but not by much over part I

I recommend you guys watch once upon a time in America

The EU version (the longest one)

Great movie

Criminally underrated movie!

No one I talk to has heard of it. But yeah, excellent movie that should be up there with the classic mob films.

Anyway, I gave Part 1 the slight edge because Part 2's Miami/Hyman Roth/Frank Pentangeli deal was just a bit too contrived.

They're both all-time greats, though.

I like the second because of the young Don Vito, and because John Cazale aka Fredo gets more screen time.

honestly, i liked all three. it's one of the best gangster movies ever made.

Criminally underrated movie!

No one I talk to has heard of it. But yeah, excellent movie that should be up there with the classic mob films.

Anyway, I gave Part 1 the slight edge because Part 2's Miami/Hyman Roth/Frank Pentangeli deal was just a bit too contrived.

They're both all-time greats, though.

Yeah

Very underrated

Shocks me no one talks about it

pretty weird thread. I watched 1 yesterday and 2 today. I've been reading the imbd trivia and godfather wiki all day. There's a ton of backstory not in the movie and that enhances the story a lot. There's also some cool deleted scenes on youtube. I like the one of Don Fanucci being attacked that was cut. It explains a good bit of Vito's actions.

http://godfather.wikia.com/wiki/The_Godfather_Wiki

I had seen both a few times but probably haven't watched either in almost 15 years. I thought 1 was vastly superior. Two was very good. The flashbacks are the highlight but i wasn't as much a fan of the Cuba/Miami stuff and political things. It dragged on in the middle for a bit.

I think the older setting is just cooler at the end of the day. The old NY mafia stuff is better than the newer Mafia settings.

clemenza and vito stealing the carpet was hilarious

Part I, but I liked Vito's past in Part II

Part II is the best out of the 3

I would say part II by a very small margin. I almost think they should be considered the same movie.

Back