favorite throw from the clinch . . .

flyingknee16

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
the one that i tend to use most that is most effective for me is the one where you get an over/under grip and you use your rear leg to trip your opponent's leg that is on the same side as your overhook. works like butta ;)

what other good throws/trips do you guys like to use?

front bear hug his waist, head to his shoulder, opposite side leg hooks to take him down,
I drilled it enough to let go as we hit the mat so my hands don't get crunched under him,
and I don't DDT myself.

I also like the one where you get his side, hug his waist, sit down, and put your leg straight behind
his both legs and take him down backwards. I was never comfortable with this move, but then
I learned it from a BB BJJ and I was doing it with very poor body mechancis, now after seeing
him do it live, I was able to do it much better, & I love it now.

Hmm If I can get it it is the suplex for sure.
But my bread and butter moves are the head and arm throw and the uchi mata works very well for me!

Back trip (tani otoshi), inside trip (o uchi/ko uchi gari), ankle pick, suplex.

With a gi: Major outside reap (o soto gari), foot sweep, foot block (sasae tsurikomi ashi), firemans carry

uchi mata is my most high % throw as far as my favorite i'd say side suplex because it looks cool and the shoulder lift to head plant because it ends the match 1/2 the time and if it doesn't the crowd still loves it

Half Boston Crab said:

With a gi: Major outside reap (o soto gari), foot sweep, foot block (sasae tsurikomi ashi), firemans carry

Same here.

Fireman's carry: Kataguruma

My favorite is the tried and true, plain-ole hip-throw.

Half Boston Crab said:

There you have it.

Of those mentioned by Half Boston Crab, I prefer, in order of preference:

Sasae Tsuri Komi Ahsi (which I think our OT was describing).
Tani Otoshi and any close variations.
Kata Guruma (firemans' carry), done low and actually kind of like Tani Otoshi.

I think there's potential for a Maki Komi style throw (ala Karo Parisyan) if the guy leans right.

I've never seen a makikomi throw used in the UFC yet... Thoes throws are painful.

karo2.gif

I don't like to give up my back like that.

Brazilian HKD said:
is that karo?

Yes it is, maybe from his no gi instructional series coming out. It's not a makikomi version though.

Soulfly said:
I've never seen a makikomi throw used in the UFC yet... Thoes throws are painful.

Karo Parisyan uses the makikomi quite often. He thumped Strasser good with it, but as someone else alluded to, he almost gave up his back in doing so.

Which throw is that in the clip?

Hmmm. Looks like a no-gi Tai Otoshi to me.

It is a no gi tai otoshi, maki komi has one hand reaching toward the ground.

lateral drop from an over under is always cool

duck under to a high double leg slam, also my judo instructor taught me one from an elbow and neck tie that i like alot, and of course the head and arm, even though as many say, it's like, the cheapest move in wrestling

osaka street cutter is nice. hand positioning of your choice (generally double inside) and forward pressure him off balance and an exaggerated opposite leg thigh trip.

through, most throws are hard in no-gi and when sparring as people keep their hips back and are reluctant to let you grip all over them.

bearhug crunch and belly-to-belly slams are a lot easier to nail once you sneak double underhooks in.

Back