favorite throw from the clinch . . .

The Metzger lift. Your overhooked hand goes down and picks your opponents near knee. Then lift and smash. Excellent throw.

At the moment I'm having a lot of success by setting up with hiza guruma and then spinning into harai goshi, the harai gives me a ton of room to work off and puts your opponent off balance. I only thought of it as working with a gi but then i did it from an overhook and underhook without thinking about it and have found it works beautifully.

I also like the one where you get his side, hug his waist, sit down, and put your leg straight behind
his both legs and take him down backwards. I was never comfortable with this move, but then
I learned it from a BB BJJ and I was doing it with very poor body mechancis, now after seeing
him do it live, I was able to do it much better, & I love it now.

Thats my favorite. Takes down big guys with little effort.

head lock to to slow sit down, or belly to back suplex ala dan severn

lol, that's like a super powered te guruma

alexgncw said:
uchi mata is my most high % throw as far as my favorite i'd say side suplex because it looks cool and the shoulder lift to head plant because it ends the match 1/2 the time and if it doesn't the crowd still loves it

Ur right, that judo throw is probably the most common toss in mma, also i have found that when i have underhooks other than a leg pick or anyting like that i grap around his lower back and pull towards me and up, then take a step forward and u fall into the mount 85% of the time

TapDammit said:
Ur right, that judo throw is probably the most common toss in mma, also i have found that when i have underhooks other than a leg pick or anyting like that i grap around his lower back and pull towards me and up, then take a step forward and u fall into the mount 85% of the time

i would say the harai goshi or osoto variation is the most common judo throw in mma

Harai Goshi and the Osoto Gari

I like the Osoto Gari cause it puts you in the side mount if you follow him down. And the Harai Goshi is simple yet cool.

Back