Favorite Prospects?

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
As the title suggests, who are your favorite prospects going forward in 2020?

It wasn't too long ago that Yan was my pick for top prospect; now look at him- on the cusp of a title shot after one more win against Sterling/Moraes should do it.

I would pick:
Umar Nurmagomedov (12-0), he has done just fine against lower-leveled competition - he has beaten fellow prospects and fighters with good records compiled from their respective regional scenes. I would expect Umar to debut on a Russian card in the summer, or possibly on the rumored Kazakhstan show later on.

Movsar Evloev (12-0), same situation with Nurmagomedov; however, Evloev is a former M1 champion and has went all five rounds, even getting a fifth round finish in a title defense; Evloev has also had success against UFC-level competition which is a good sign. He has a really strong all-round game, especially with takedowns and top control. He has a tough test next month vs. Douglas Silva de Andrade at UFC 248 - hopefully he will step up and get a finish with his gradual improvement.

Who else would you pick to be a top prospect?

I heard that there is a young-tattooed Brazilian who fights in the welterweight division of Bellator.....

Sean O'Malley
Arnold Allen
Li Jiangliang
Geoff Neal
Sodiq Yusef
Nathanial Wood
Jiri Prochazka (been around, but new in the UFC)

Not young, but Raoni Barcelos is really good, one of the best bantamweights in UFC.

Nathaniel Wood fighting this Saturday. BW
Magomed Ankalaev LHW
Geoff Neal WW
Rakic LHW
Ciryl Gane HW
Ion Cutelaba LHW
Edmen Shahbazyan MW
Marvin Vettori MW
Punahele Soriano MW
Makhmud Muradov MW
Bryce Mitchell FW
Arnold Allen FW

Some guys that just popped up in my head. But there is probably a lot more than that. I like to watch all of those guys fight.

I think Joey Davis is a better prospect, because he hasn't got ktfo twice and because Davis is actually still a prospect, and not a bust
7 guys with no wiki pages , prospect at best. Pico fought at the wrong weight and ignored his wrestling background. Hea been humbled now and is looking good

Sean O'Malley
Arnold Allen
Li Jiangliang
Geoff Neal
Sodiq Yusef
Nathanial Wood
Jiri Prochazka (been around, but new in the UFC)

Li Jiangliang? A guy who has been in the UFC for 6 years and has 3 losses to mediocre competition and no wins over anyone notable?

Raoni barcelos
Damir ismagulov
Ricardo ramos
Brad Riddell

Ismagulov looked sharp in his last fight. I wish he'd hurry up and get another fight booked.

Hard to think of any aside from Edmen.

I will pay attention to flashy Michel 170'er and Johnny Walker.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back