Favorite moves from mount

I mostly get armbars from the mount. I have a few different ways to set them up:

off the s mount
off cross choke defense
off americana

I also get omoplatas from the mount when a person tries to escape before I stabilize the position.

I need to work on finishing cross chokes and single wing choke from mount, and I want to incorporate more mounted triangles and locoplatas.

ah, nearly forgot about the ezekial. I get the ezekial a lot also.

The John Will & David Meyer Mastering Chokes DVD helped me A LOT on the "basic cross choke" from mount, among all the others. Very worth taking a look at. Will is one of the Dirty Dozen iirc.

Btw, change your sig.

It should be Carlos Sr. > Carlson Sr. > Liborio > You

Gi - Armbar/Cross Choke Combo
No gi - Armbar from really high mount

I either go back to knee on belly to set up the armbar or baseball choke and pressure the life out of him of course or apply the front choke to get his hands up and set up the S-mount. From the S-mount I either apply a wrist lock, an Americana or an armbar while on top. Or they just tap from the pressure. :)

I can do the gogo from the mount but how the hell are you doing a locoplata from there?

Locoplata is when you have the gogo and use your other foot to push the heel upwards into your opp's throat right? Well how can you do that from the mount and possibly keep your balance?? I can't even picture it

A guy I train with can do squads on a yoga ball. It's all practice.

I can do the gogo from the mount but how the hell are you doing a locoplata from there?

Locoplata is when you have the gogo and use your other foot to push the heel upwards into your opp's throat right? Well how can you do that from the mount and possibly keep your balance?? I can't even picture it

Flexibality is HUGE here, but one of the ways I keep my balance is when I grab the opp's arm that's defending my gogo, I put it to the floor and put my weight on it to help keep balance. Another is to actually scoot back with your butt further onto his chest. It'll straighten your legs a bit but I find it'll help with my balance.

If all else fails and you do get rolled over, hell you've still got a deep choke in. Happy days.

I've been trying the Gogo from mount as a veriation to securing the arm for the armbar.

once in possision i tend to roll to my back and finish it there in the same movement as if you where trying to triangle from the mount after your opponent grabs his wrist to counter the armbar.

i've been trying to land the finish with it for about a monyh but recently saw a good instructional and finished two in my last class.

its still a bit hit and miss at the minute so i wouldn't try it in a comp just yet but you know what they say about practice.

the easiest for me is faking the kiruma and then arm bar... simple

the easiest for me is faking the kiruma and then arm bar... simple

By Kimura, are you talking the one where you bend their arm 90, slide your arm under theirs, connect to your other wrist, then paint the floor with the back of their hand in a downward motion? Because I call that a Key Lock. I've only seen Kimura from the guard.

Regardless, I see a lot of guys saying fake going for an arm lock, then take the arm bar. So I'm wondering, when you take the armbar, was it on the arm that you were pretending to attack, or are you waiting for them to try and bring the other arm into the picture for help then taking THAT arm? Thanks. :redface:

Gi: mount escape-because I only find myself MountED when I'm rolling with the Gi

No-Gi: Go straight for the S-mount/gift wrap and figure out what to do from there

americana, armbar and RNC, if my opponent decides to give up his back.

no gi: lately 1.Darce 2. gift wrap then stick my other hand in, on the opposite side of the head, grab my forearm and choke (like a baseball bat.)

gi: i use many chokes from here switching it up with arm bars (i go back & forth faking one to the other)

gi: stright armbars/keylocks

nogi: mounted triangle choke

Back