Favorite moves from mount

WalkenWouldOwn

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
What are everyone's favorite moves from full mount position?

I always preferred side mount personally because of the better control, and because my favorite and most successful sub is the arm triangle, and I set this up better from side then full mount.

I am still a white belt, and I don't have many finishing moves from mount (no-gi) but I am getting better at controlling the position. I use a high mount, and my favorite move from there is to threaten the americana, then transition to S-mount and secure the armbar. I learned this last year, then a couple months later Napao executed it perfectly on Carmello Marrero.

Obviously, its not super advanced but that is my personal favorite - what are yours??

gi - ezekiel choke

nogi - americana and kimura

mma grappling - post and pound

Gi: Go for choke and take armbar or choke depending on what they protect.
No-Gi: I usually just use mount to wear down my opponent and frustrate. I rarely attempt a submission unless it's perfect but I'd have to say...Armbar

no gi, what i've been trying lately is to press his arm across his chest by leaning on it with my own chest. it's been hard to get in this position, however if i happen to get it (usually when he's tired) i can go for the arm-triangle, or what i really like is to (if im trapping his right arm) reach behind his head with my left hand, grab his wrist, then yank really hard, spinning him around and taking his back.

I like to obviously get as high as possible, I dont like to stay low and grapevine...

Once I am high like to reach my right hand into the right (opposite) collar of my opponent then either work for a gi choke, an arm bar, a triangle etc

If I cant get that grip inside his collar I try to work from the S-mount

Arm Triangle or Triangle from the top (sliding my leg under opponent's head triangleing and lifting up on head), or lately gogo/locoplata from top has been working for me somehow.

Arm Triangle or Triangle from the top (sliding my leg under opponent's head triangleing and lifting up on head), or lately gogo/locoplata from top has been working for me somehow.

Nice!

I think my leg would snap off before allowing me to do moves like that :icon_conf

Gogoplata from mount. What a fantastic idea.

with the gi' i like the cross choke. No gi either armbar or head and arm choke.

I can do the gogo from the mount but how the hell are you doing a locoplata from there?

Locoplata is when you have the gogo and use your other foot to push the heel upwards into your opp's throat right? Well how can you do that from the mount and possibly keep your balance?? I can't even picture it

Gi - Collar chokes.

No Gi - Armbar, Kimura/Americana, Arm triangle.

Recently I've been trying to pull off an americana to armbar transition.

The standard collar choke - it is very simple but if you master it, it is very difficult to defend.

Cross Choke/Armlock Combo
Technical Mount Armlock/Wing Choke/Cross Choke Combo

If do right, no can defend.

I mostly get armbars from the mount. I have a few different ways to set them up:

off the s mount
off cross choke defense
off americana

I also get omoplatas from the mount when a person tries to escape before I stabilize the position.

I need to work on finishing cross chokes and single wing choke from mount, and I want to incorporate more mounted triangles and locoplatas.

ah, nearly forgot about the ezekial. I get the ezekial a lot also.

Back