Favorite MK Character?

Hard choice between Goro and Motaro. Motaro has barely done anything in MK since MK 3 sadly, so I'll give the edge to Goro.

Third is probably Stryker because of how ridiculously out of place he is.

Reactions: 666
tumblr_mh934tJ13w1qbbbqro1_500.gif

Reactions: 666
Scorpion and Liu Kang since the first MK. When 2 hit, I was a fan of Baraka and Kung Lao. Then in 3, I liked Sektor and Rain. So any of those 6 are awesome to me but ultimately I'd say Scorpion.

Mavado from the 3D days was a ton of fun, but overall Noob I guess. They haven't made an MK game that has felt memorable in ages, so I can't remember which one of the new gen ones he's in. He was cool though.

Scorpion to play (GET OVER HERE!)

The OG Sub Zero head and spine rip will always be my favorite Fatality if only for the "this ain't Streetfighter" impact it made

We just had this thread a month ago -

I always liked kabal
Kabal's a funny one because of all the netherworldly horrors we get in the MK universe, something about Kabal was always more unsettling; personally found him and his hookswords rather psychopathic. Don't know his lore but wouldn't be surprised if he cannibalised his family with some fava beans and a Chianti wine before competing in Earthrealm's tournament.

We just had this thread a month ago -

Merged. Thanks.

Kitana

KIcked ass with her back in the day with MK2.
MK9 is my favorite modern MK game because she was as badass as was in MK2.

I'm just not a fan of the MK games that she gets nerfed. Its like Netherrealm doesn't bother to make other characters better to compete with her, they intentionally make her worse.

Thought I'd go into more detail.

Kitana is my favorite character as far as story & to play as.

She was awesome in MK2 with the amazing juggle combos, and she was still pretty good in MK3U... but not as awesome. It was like she was intentionally nerfed.

Until MK9 she was... there... never as great as she once was... and thankfully they restored her to her MK2 badassness and she was a joy to play as.

Once again... with MKX... she was nerfed... somewhat... very similar to MK3U.

And with MK11 and MK1... from what I hear, she's basically a normal character.... so damn unfortunate.

As for her character, I've always thought she had an extremely interesting backstory -
"A 10,000 Year old princess of Edenia - a paradise realm - taken over by Shao Kahn and her father is murdered. She is brainwashed to forget everything before and serve her new emperor as an assassin. At some point her memories are restored and she takes the side of the Earth Realmers in a rebellion against Shao Kahn in Outworld."

That's damn near Fantasy-Shakespeare.

I've long held the opinion if Mortal Kombat's storyline was ever taken seriously, Kitana should be the main character in a Game Of Thrones-like narrative.

Agree? Disagree? Or am I delusional?

Sheeva for stomping on fools and because of snu snu.

Back