Favorite MK Character?

Nameless Ghoul

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Simple question, who is your favorite fighter for whatever reason? There are so many icons in the series it probably will be hard to choose. For me, it's Kung Lao. As a kid in a bowling alley, Kano's heart rip on "the original" MK1 was the first Fatality I witnessed, and in MK2 Kung Lao's image(Dat hat doe) and play style just appealed to me.

Last edited:
Kitana

KIcked ass with her back in the day with MK2.
MK9 is my favorite modern MK game because she was as badass as was in MK2.

I'm just not a fan of the MK games that she gets nerfed. Its like Netherrealm doesn't bother to make other characters better to compete with her, they intentionally make her worse.

I stopped playing these games after the third one,but Sub Zero was my fav,esp the MK 2 version. It didnt hurt that his fatality in the first game was the first one I'd ever seen and it shocked me.

mk2-glitches01.png

Kitana if we're talking back in the days of arcade but more recently, Skarlet.

tbh I fell out of touch with the series after Mortal Kombat 2 just purely because I suck so hard at fighting games. But as a little kid who loved Mortal Kombat just because of how bloody it was, I remember reading the magazines with previews of MK2 and being in awe of how badass Baraka looked, so he always kind stands out as my fav

3a6035fb94f4101a96090a03e6db68cc.jpg

I stopped playing after the 3rd game. I think it had some weird dash combo mechanic that I didn't like. I liked Sub Zero for the first and second game. They unmasked him or something for the 3rd game.

Cannot choose between these two.
Shao because I am always a fan of badass end boss type guys. M. Bison from SF is my guy from that series. Kano because he had lasers come out of his eye. 13 year old me thought that was great.
1702157565669.png
1702157595909.png

Honorable mention goes out to old Baraka. He was sick in mk2, and had a cool design compared to most of the cast.

Last edited:
I stopped playing these games after the third one,but Sub Zero was my fav,esp the MK 2 version. It didnt hurt that his fatality in the first game was the first one I'd ever seen and it shocked me.

View attachment 1015503

This. Head and spine rip fatality was and still is fucking awesome

Reactions: HHJ
Reptile even though he was said to be the weakest character in MK2. Kung Lao was the strongest. At least according to the old EGM mag anyway that I used to read when I was younger. Ermac was another one of my favorites that appeared in Ultimate MK3.

I've always been a fan of Sub Zero. As a kid I would always play as him. Never knew he was actually the bad guy until later in life but I'm all in now I suppose.

Sub Zero for me.

Scorpion. Big fan of his moves, learned all the OP combos, and his story was cool too.

I've always been a fan of Sub Zero. As a kid I would always play as him. Never knew he was actually the bad guy until later in life but I'm all in now I suppose.

Sub Zero for me.
Raiden and Scorpion

Reactions: 666
Scorpion was my first love from the original game but ever since MK2 it’s usually Baraka when he makes an appearance.

We held a poll between teams Scorpion and Sub-Zero about a year ago.

Despite an early and fast lead for Scorp, love for Sub ultimately triumphed. Here's a screengrab of results:

Skärmavbild 2024-01-16 kl. 18.13.34.png

Sub Zero for me.
707b6e21afad84160133d9ca21f42170.gif

Back