Favorite Misc Youtube Boxing Videos

McMurder

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Highlights, documentaries, full fights, press conference brawls, etc.

Just came across this Sugar Ray Robinson tribute video today, thought it was kind of cool.

Heres who Ali really was. A draft-dodging bigot scumbag. And Ferdie Pacheco is a piece of garbage, as well...

[YT]bgMkrWGLkJ4[/YT]

But this one is definitely one of my faves...

[YT]opHSUGJEECI[/YT]

And heres a good tribute to my favorite fighter to watch film of (awesome KO at 3:33)...

[YT]imPJLHLt5EM&feature[/YT]

We should see more BOLO punching today. Why nobody does it is beyond me...

Last edited:
Hearns Hagler "WAR"(1985)

R.A. The Rugged Man "A History Of Boxing"

Heres who Ali really was. A draft-dodging bigot scumbag.

What an idiotic post.

'Cowardice' wasn't a factor in his decision to turn down the draft. He would have been kept safe in the rear, obviously he knew the chances of him fighting were slim. The Defense Department would have never let him go to the front lines because of the PR disaster if a world-renowned athlete like Ali had been injured, killed, or captured by the Vietcong.

Regardless of whether somebody views Ali's position as right or wrong, he took the far harder path by making the choice he did and it cost him dearly.

You're clearly the 'coward' if you're going to refuse to think and just spout played-out bullshit rhetoric.

What an idiotic post.

'Cowardice' wasn't a factor in his decision to turn down the draft. He would have been kept safe in the rear, obviously he knew the chances of him fighting were slim. The Defense Department would have never let him go to the front lines because of the PR disaster if a world-renowned athlete like Ali had been injured, killed, or captured by the Vietcong.

Regardless of whether somebody views Ali's position as right or wrong, he took the far harder path by making the choice he did and it cost him dearly.

You're clearly the 'coward' if you're going to refuse to think and just spout played-out bullshit rhetoric.

I never said anything about cowardice. I said he was a draft dodging bigot. None of this can be disproved.

I agree that he knew he wouldnt see any action. He used that opportunity to cause a big scene by protesting. Watch the video, I posted.

Why not be like Joe Louis? Serve the country that makes your boxing career possible.

Ali was a puppet to the Nation of Islam. Seems like he was the one that didnt do much thinking of his own...

i liked the thomas hearns and pernell whitaker highlights that i watched. They should be the first ones on youtube.

old krusty the klown looking ass dude :icon_lol:

there are slow motion replays at the end of the vid.

this guy makes pretty damn good highlights ^^

one of floyd

one of manny

Last edited:
I never said anything about cowardice.

You edited it out.

I said he was a draft dodging bigot. None of this can be disproved.

He wasn't a 'dodger'. Do you know the exemptions for conscription? Ali was a 4-A. He had a perfectly legitimate reason for refusing.

Ali was the product of a bigoted society, his ideals are justifiable considering what was going on at the time. Calling him a bigot without looking at the reasons for his 'bigotry' is close-minded.

I agree that he knew he wouldnt see any action. He used that opportunity to cause a big scene by protesting. Watch the video, I posted.

I'm not sure if you're serious.

'Causing a big scene' is the best thing he did. If he considered his legal duty to be immoral (as he did), the most commendable thing he could have done was to sacrifice his freedom in opposition to that policy. It's the same principle as the sit-ins during the civil rights movement, where black people sat in "whites only" restaurants and allowed themselves to be arrested. This drew attention to the anti-segregation movement, just as refusing the draft at risk of jail time drew attention to the anti-war movement.

Perhaps to you Mandela and Rosa Parks were just causing 'big scenes'.

If he evaded the draft and then tried to evade jail time, that would be cowardly. Refusing the draft and gladly accepting the punishment for doing so is courageous and the measure of a man.

Why not be like Joe Louis? Serve the country that makes your boxing career possible.

You mean serve the country that 'made his boxing career possible' and at the same time segregated his people and legally considered them inferior?

Using this logic, nobody should ever object to any war regardless of personal beliefs or whether or not the war in particular is morally correct.

Ali was a puppet to the Nation of Islam. Seems like he was the one that didnt do much thinking of his own...

Nobody is claiming he was a moral pinnacle, he was an impressionable, at times hypocritical young man who made good decisions and bad decisions, but to criticize him for his refusal to fight in the war is ridiculous.

None of this is relevant to boxing, but I have to disagree if you're going to call him a 'draft-dodger' or a 'coward' when the Supreme Court vindicated him on the same issue, it doesn't make sense.

You edited it out.

No, actually I didnt. I never said anything about cowardice. Quit making shit up.

You're telling me that somebody who speaks at a KKK rally and screams, "Bluebirds with bluebirds! Redbirds with redbirds! Pigeons with pigeons!", wanting all races separate isnt a bigot?

HAHAHA! Seriously, wake up and take the blinders off. Your blind love for Ali, who you probably never knew about until the Will Smith movie, has warped your sense of reality....
_____

But on another note (in the spirit of this thread), heres a video about the true Greatest American Heavyweight of all-time.
[YT]6StIjEli_vU[/YT]

Last edited:
Back