fat burning pills

dsmIA

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
just wondering if anybody takes any type of fat burning pills and if they actually work...

dsmIA said:
just wondering if anybody takes any type of fat burning pills and if they actually work...

they work you can lose a stone in 3 weeks easily

as long as you train hard and eat 4 small meals like 2 bananas each meal

mmahamzah said:
they work you can lose a stone in 3 weeks easily

as long as you train hard and eat 4 small meals like 2 bananas each meal

what do you mean by lose a stone..not to familar w/ that term...

It's a term of weight measurement in Europe.

I use the Tight by SAN just for energy and better sweats in my workout. It works very well. Take any thermogenic with a Tyrosine pill to enhance it's effects.

Tyrosine- would you mind giving me a breakdown on its 411 or linking a page that would do the same, Kabuki, I'm only vaguely familiar with it (I read a blurb, somewhere, that's it).

Oh yeah, and can it be taken with an ECA stack?

Can you get eca stack? I thought they banned that stuff...

Well nvm i just went and looked and foudn it for sale online. I thought ephedra was banned in US?

ephedra is banned, but ephedrine is not (pharmaceutical grade), and thats the active ingrediant.

does it work the same? its just pharmaceutical grade?

does it work the same? its just pharmaceutical grade?

ephedra is banned, but ephedrine is not (pharmaceutical grade), and thats the active ingrediant.

Any thermogenic containing Ephedra or Ephedrine is still banned. Just some companies have opted to sell things off the Internet to coapitalize on the litigation, but that litigation only applies in Utah officially at the moment.

Mick - I'll answer you when I get home from work later.

Pills like that dont realy work that well imo, just eat lots of fruit and vegetables and you will cut more easyily

King Kabuki said:
Any thermogenic containing Ephedra or Ephedrine is still banned. Just some companies have opted to sell things off the Internet to coapitalize on the litigation, but that litigation only applies in Utah officially at the moment.

Some low dose ephedine HCL is still available. There is litagation against the FDA at a federal level brought on by a company called Solaray I think. Here's an ephedrine product for sale:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/mp/vaso2.html

It's not even worth taking though at that low dose, but I think that might be what ian1983 was talking about.

King Kabuki said:

sorry, I didn't word it correctly.

I meant as in all ephedra was banned, but you can still get ephedrine because its used to help other things (bronchial dilator...isn't it?). But thats because its sold as that, it can't be sold for its thermogenic properties (because some people always think more of a good thing is always better)

Only thing they did for me what get my heart rate high. It even went up to 210 right as I started running, so I stay away from them.

Litigation does not mandate that the ban is lifted. Companies selling these products online are just pushing the envelope. Across the nation the ban is still very much in-effect, especially for anything above 10mg.

Anywho, here's the scoop on Tyrosine:

It's the main building block or noripinephrine, which is the fat-loss hormone most thermogenics act on. Taking a Tyrosine supplement enhances this purpose of the thermogenics.

Plus it also boosts dopamine production, which assists in mental focus during strenuous workouts. All-around it's a good little cheap amino to stack with your fat-burner.

thanks for the feed back there king, you learn something new every day :)

As much as I'm sure this stuff would all help, in the end, it's a lot more gratifying to know that you got where you are by your own hard work, not some pill. At least, that's how I feel.

Jesus. No pill does the work for you. Thus even suggesting one could believe such a thing is just as stupid as believing such a thing. These kinds of pills are to assist, much like protein, creatine, etc. Anyone who lacks enough common sense to think the pill will do most of the work ought not even leave the house in the morning, as life has a tendency of being very harsh on idiocy ultimately.

King Kabuki said:
Jesus. No pill does the work for you. Thus even suggesting one could believe such a thing is just as stupid as believing such a thing. These kinds of pills are to assist, much like protein, creatine, etc. Anyone who lacks enough common sense to think the pill will do most of the work ought not even leave the house in the morning, as life has a tendency of being very harsh on idiocy ultimately.

LOL. You're rarely this harsh, Kabuki. LCD, dude, take my advice, do yourself a favor, and just take this one on the chin before you start feeling it from posters who exercise a lot less restraint than our beloved Mod.

Also, Kabuki, I didn't realize the ban hadn't totally been lifted at this point. GNC still isn't selling products containing ephedrine?

I had it explained to me this way- this from a woman I talked to at a company selling straight Ephedrine Hydrochloride (this conversation took place about a year ago): the ban on ephedrine was related more to its abuse as raw material for developing methamphetamines than it did for its link to 800 athletes' deaths. This is why when straight ephedrine was illegal- I guess it still is, technically- you could still buy straight ephedrine hydrochloride in most states (New York, for example), but not California, where the meth epidemic is worst and our laws are the most strict. My understanding is that the hydrochloride doesn't change the effects of ephedrine, it only adds a chemical bond difficult to break with traditional meth-processing, so is less desirable to most meth-manufacturers with their crude home-labs.

However, I could buy ephedrine hydrochloride when combined with the expectorant Guaifenesin (which is better for me, anyway, since I'm an asthmatic) even here in California. So that's what I use, Vasopro; it's legal here (at least that's what I've been told).

In case you suspect this woman may have been whitewashing the drug's more dangerous properties, apparently many recent studies reinforce her position; these studies have indicated that ephedrine- when taken in the proper dosages- isn't dangerous to normal athletes. These studies indicate that the deaths involving ephedrine were most likely the result of pre-existing heart blockages in the athlete. Ephedrine is potent pharmacologically, and will speed your heart rate. So these athletes, whose vascular systems were already under strain, and usually failed to take aspirin (which mitigates the blood's tendency to adhere to vessel walls), died because their hearts couldn't handle all these pressures when compounded with intense physical exercise.

I've been told it's still a good idea not to take ephedrine before any activity where you expect to reach your maximum heart rate range; it just eliminates the remaining risk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back