Fascinating docu. on Africa's most brutal coalition of Lions

Thats a good doc, but the GOAT lion doc is ETERNAL ENEMIES: Lions vs Hyenas.

Ntchwaidumela ("He Who Greets With Fire") has to take matters into his own hands because his pride keeps getting their asses kicked by hyenas. So he goes around seeking revenge killing all their matriarchs. A true hero.

sad note: he was killed [by poachers of course] in 1991. The murderers were never caught and remain at large.
#justiceforNtchwaidumela
#notjustCecil
#yesAllLions

I actually own that special on DvD...

I don't know how much of a hero he is killing animals 1/4 his size.

I'm much more impressed by hyenas' toughness. There are lots of videos where they get caught by a lion and they just bite their way free. So fucking ballsy and courageous.

That's like a lion kicking a rhino's ass.

Pretty much that.

Those lions were only good when they had insane numbers on their side and got beat up when they were overmatched.

You guys will love this; It's almost like a movie. (viewer discretion advised)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Wow interesting documentary, thanks for posting. Have seen plenty of Docs on Lions but hadn't actually seen the males eating the cubs they killed. I knew sometimes females would eat their own cubs if they had died.
Most documentaries I've seen always talk about lions fighting to the death, but usually the outnumbered male(s) would run off and leave. This time they weren't so lucky.

anyone watched Ghost and the Darkness? insane

Yeah I like it since its based on true events. The real Tsavo lions that did the killing have little or no mane, and are usually a little bigger than other African lions.
Though the real life hunter claimed they took over 100 workers lives, modern testing says that one lion ate 11 people and the other 22 I think it was. Though its still possible they killed more than they ate and other lions/hyena are the rest.

Animals are bad ass. Can we stop killing them please?!?!?

Except chickens and cows.

My favorite documentary is one they used to show on nat geo called predators at war. It was filmed during a huge drought in the mala mala game reserve.

Think I saw that one. Does he also carry the dead matriarch in his jaws for a bit then throw her dead body down right in front of the rest of hyenas.

That eternal enemies is great to watch also. They have absolute wars over kills and territory. Hyena get a bad rap for just being scavengers which isn't true they do a lot of hunting.

it's been so long man...could be. the only thing i remember specifically was the snakebit lioness' shallow breathing beneath the tree, and the ruthless rampage of the pride's male leader resulting in the annihilation of the hyena pack.

Next clip was lion + lionesses getting rekt by a giraffe, but that was alfa.

i saw a show once where a lioness got back kicked by an ostrich and went flying head over tail for about 10m or so. i almost shit a gold brick right there on the couch.

giraffe vs ostrich, who you got?

Giraffe with that reach, no way ostrich can run circles around the whole fight.

yeah, but giraffe's are as chinny as a chinese phone book. the ostritch would just have to touch him once, and it would be a wrap.

that reminds me of a show i saw back in the day. it's been so long i can't remember if it was nat geo or what, let alone the title, but i do remember before shit started getting real with the hyenas one of the lionesses got tagged by a cobra and almost died. took her like 3 days to "sleep it off" under a tree.

anyway at one point during the show, the big daddy was out doing his big daddy thing for a bit, and while he was away the hyenas got stupid and started roughing up the lionesses. to this day, i will never forget the pure unadulterated havoc that was the male lion upon his returning to the scene. he came in like a runaway train, the only thing you could see were his mane pulsing like a dirty cheerleader's pompom, and his eyes bobbing up and down. he ran down the matriarch hyena (among others) and when he bit the middle of it's back and started shaking, i swear the hyena's head and ass were touching on alternating shakes, and it's body was bending back and forth like a soft taco shell. the whole massacre couldn't have taken more than a few minutes. and if you've ever been really close to a hyena, you can't believe how big they are.

it was some of the craziest shit i've ever seen on a nature show.

Imagine the stuff that happens off camera.
All sorts of crazy fights and shit we wouldn't ever witness.

Imagine the stuff that happens off camera.
All sorts of crazy fights and shit we wouldn't ever witness.

im sure they have lenses that zoom in more than enough for them to feel safe, but my hat goes off to the camera crew for having the stones to be anywhere near those beasts.

also, i often think of the camera crew when im watching a nature show and they are taping on location in an area with an extreme climate, or an area with lots of bugs and parasites.

Fascinating indeed. Nature's cruelty toward herself is rather palpable in this one.

I find it curious to observe the suffering inflicted upon life, by life, for the purpose of its propagation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back