Fascinating docu. on Africa's most brutal coalition of Lions

Thats a good doc, but the GOAT lion doc is ETERNAL ENEMIES: Lions vs Hyenas.

Ntchwaidumela ("He Who Greets With Fire") has to take matters into his own hands because his pride keeps getting their asses kicked by hyenas. So he goes around seeking revenge killing all their matriarchs. A true hero.

sad note: he was killed [by poachers of course] in 1991. The murderers were never caught and remain at large.
#justiceforNtchwaidumela
#notjustCecil
#yesAllLions

Mr. T don't play no shit

They controlled territory that was 7 times the size of Manhattan and conquered 8 prides. That's insane.

real life lion king or some shit

Ntchwaidumela ("He Who Greets With Fire") has to take matters into his own hands because his pride keeps getting their asses kicked by hyenas. So he goes around seeking revenge killing all their matriarchs. A true hero.

sad note: he was killed [by poachers of course] in 1991. The murderers were never caught and remain at large.
#justiceforNtchwaidumela
#notjustCecil
#yesAllLions

that reminds me of a show i saw back in the day. it's been so long i can't remember if it was nat geo or what, let alone the title, but i do remember before shit started getting real with the hyenas one of the lionesses got tagged by a cobra and almost died. took her like 3 days to "sleep it off" under a tree.

anyway at one point during the show, the big daddy was out doing his big daddy thing for a bit, and while he was away the hyenas got stupid and started roughing up the lionesses. to this day, i will never forget the pure unadulterated havoc that was the male lion upon his returning to the scene. he came in like a runaway train, the only thing you could see were his mane pulsing like a dirty cheerleader's pompom, and his eyes bobbing up and down. he ran down the matriarch hyena (among others) and when he bit the middle of it's back and started shaking, i swear the hyena's head and ass were touching on alternating shakes, and it's body was bending back and forth like a soft taco shell. the whole massacre couldn't have taken more than a few minutes. and if you've ever been really close to a hyena, you can't believe how big they are.

it was some of the craziest shit i've ever seen on a nature show.

#justiceforNtchwaidumela
#notjustCecil
#yesAllLions

I don't know how much of a hero he is killing animals 1/4 his size.

I'm much more impressed by hyenas' toughness. There are lots of videos where they get caught by a lion and they just bite their way free. So fucking ballsy and courageous.

That's like a lion kicking a rhino's ass.

anyway at one point during the show, the big daddy was out doing his big daddy thing for a bit, and while he was away the hyenas got stupid and started roughing up the lionesses. to this day, i will never forget the pure unadulterated havoc that was the male lion upon his returning to the scene. he came in like a runaway train, the only thing you could see were his mane pulsing like a dirty cheerleader's pompom, and his eyes bobbing up and down. he ran down the matriarch hyena (among others) and when he bit the middle of it's back and started shaking, i swear the hyena's head and ass were touching on alternating shakes, and it's body was bending back and forth like a soft taco shell. the whole massacre couldn't have taken more than a few minutes. and if you've ever been really close to a hyena, you can't believe how big they are.

lol, you mean a tortilla?

lol, you mean a tortilla?

yeah, but i was trying to describe the degree of bend, and the only thing i could think of was a taco shell, but they are mostly crispy...and the whole back and forth thing...not so much in that instance...plus i always think of tortillas being flat...so i thought that might not make sense. just work with me here...lol :icon_lol:

this is a common theme in lion documentaries. the lionesses get into trouble and the male has to lay down the law.

I don't know how much of a hero he is killing animals 1/4 his size.

I'm much more impressed by hyenas' toughness. There are lots of videos where they get caught by a lion and they just bite their way free. So fucking ballsy and courageous.

That's like a lion kicking a rhino's ass.

The hyena clan that hes beefing with killed and ate one of his lionesses. And stole many of their kills. Ntchwaidumela was forced to retaliate and assassinate their leader.

I agree with you on hyenas tho, no one can doubt their gameness.
DUtF0An.jpg

Last edited:
yeah, but i was trying to describe the degree of bend, and the only thing i could think of was a taco shell, but they are mostly crispy...and the whole back and forth thing...not so much in that instance...plus i always think of tortillas being flat...so i thought that might not make sense. just work with me here...lol :icon_lol:

haha, it's all good. gonna try to watch the videos when i get off wrk

Hey, TS, do you mean conditions or coalitions?

If coalitions, then, there is a brutal sect of lions laying waste to the savannah.

If conditions then they getting it handed to them.

Hey, TS, do you mean conditions or coalitions?

If coalitions, then, there is a brutal sect of lions laying waste to the savannah.

If conditions then they getting it handed to them.

lmao. Anyway, theres a scene in there where they rip apart one of their females cause she can't decide quick enough as to which male she would prefer inside of her :eek:

The battles are really brutal as well. To the death style brutal that is.. Warrior stuff

lmao. Anyway, theres a scene in there where they rip apart one of their females cause she can't decide quick enough as to which male she would prefer inside of her :eek:

The battles are really brutal as well. To the death style brutal that is.. Warrior stuff

Whatever that dentist's name is again, needs to go over there and hunt these lions, not that Cecil

I like the buffalo vs lion documentaries. I love how a big bull can make even the nastiest male lion turn tail and run.

that reminds me of a show i saw back in the day. it's been so long i can't remember if it was nat geo or what, let alone the title, but i do remember before shit started getting real with the hyenas one of the lionesses got tagged by a cobra and almost died. took her like 3 days to "sleep it off" under a tree.

Think I saw that one. Does he also carry the dead matriarch in his jaws for a bit then throw her dead body down right in front of the rest of hyenas.

That eternal enemies is great to watch also. They have absolute wars over kills and territory. Hyena get a bad rap for just being scavengers which isn't true they do a lot of hunting.

Just the other day I saw some 'murican tv show. Can't remember was it called ABC' Animal Science. It had clip where a couple of lionesses were in trouble. Dames got little anxious when hyenas surrounded them and started giving it a go. Suddenly you can see a hyena flying through the air and hear a Katy Perry level roar, after that no hyena wanted to be that guy and they ran the fuck out. At this point Simba was already laying down yawning.

Next clip was lion + lionesses getting rekt by a giraffe, but that was alfa.

Back