Fantasy fight: Wladimir Klitschko vs Andy Ruiz

Niels

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Who would take it if an AJ-fight shape Klitschko takes on current Ruiz?

Wlad uses his reach very effectively, but has trouble with fast strong punchers like Ruiz

So who would take it and how/why?

Andy Ruiz vs. the Klitschko that came to fight vs. Joshua would be VERY interesting. 50/50 fight for me. . . Although I think the jab jab grab Klitschko that dominated for 10 years probably beats Ruiz by decision winning almost every round. . . Andy Ruiz vs. a young Klitschko would be a lot of fun. Klitschko took an L against Ross Purity but I respect the hell out of how hard he tried to put on a good show for the fans

I hate Wlad but it's hard to visualize prime Wlad getting outboxed by Ruiz

Of course it's heavyweight and 1 punch can completely fuck shit up.....and Wlad wasn't exactly Nicolino Locche defensively.....so Ruiz certainly has a good punchers chance

But ultimately i agree with everything @Rob-G said already

This is actually a fight I think Wlad runs away with. Probably stops Ruiz. Not the Wlad from 2004, but the Wlad that figured out how HE best fights.

How is this even a question?

Sure, Ruiz could land a lucky punch but Wlad makes easy work of his doughnut ass 9/10 times

AJ fight shape at that age? Ruiz.

Prime for prime I think it's still unknown butI can't see Ruiz allowing Vlad to lean on his body for 12 rounds.

Let Ruiz have a few more fights. I imagine everyone will have a whole new opinion if Ruiz should run through AJ again, Wilder, and Fury.

Mexican would get his face jabbed right off. Horrible match up for him.

Wlad came close to beating Joshua. I think Joshua had a bad night against Ruiz, an opponent he overlooked. I just don't think Ruiz is all that special. I won't be too bothered if I'm wrong but I'm just not that impressed with him.
I don't think Joshua is that special. Check mate.

Wlad was basically a corpse. Look at the Fury fight. Fury basically trolled him. It sucked.

Wlad was basically a corpse. Look at the Fury fight. Fury basically trolled him. It sucked.
That's true about the Fury fight. At the time I thought Wlad was shot, but since seeing Fury against Wilder I think he was better than anybody thought.

That's true about the Fury fight. At the time I thought Wlad was shot, but since seeing Fury against Wilder I think he was better than anybody thought.
Technically that'd lift Ruiz in a six degrees of separation way

Interesting fight if we're talking young Wlad. Could be tons of fun.

Even that old 2017 Wlad would win pretty comfortably imo, Joshua just made Ruiz look a lot better than he really is.

Wlad didn't seem to be himself that night, yes maybe Fury's awkward style made him 'fight' like that. But I bet if Klitschko changed his style he could've beaten Fury.

Fury's win that night is greatly exaggerated, mainly by Fury himself

I wonder if back in the day people were asking how a prime Larry Holmes would do against Buster Douglas.

I wonder if back in the day people were asking how a prime Larry Holmes would do against Buster Douglas.

The Buster Douglas from the Holyfield rematch loses against 1990 Holmes, let alone 1980 Holmes.

I’d take the version of Wlad that fought AJ over Ruiz 7/10 times..

Andy Ruiz vs. the Klitschko that came to fight vs. Joshua would be VERY interesting. 50/50 fight for me. . . Although I think the jab jab grab Klitschko that dominated for 10 years probably beats Ruiz by decision winning almost every round. . . Andy Ruiz vs. a young Klitschko would be a lot of fun. Klitschko took an L against Ross Purity but I respect the hell out of how hard he tried to put on a good show for the fans
You kind of also have to take into account Wlad was 22 against a 31 year old, that's a large age gap.
People still wank Canelo being too young against Floyd, and he was 23, a year older and the victory was way more one sided.

Back