Crime Family home of Irish sport star’s sister raided in blitz on Kinahan cartel’s €1bn crime empire

Right now the Kinahan cartel may have found a niche in the activity of importing drugs and may be very succesful at it, but that can change at the snap of a finger because they do not have power "on the ground" in Continental Yurrp. You don't "control" the drug market when all you have is good importation.

All of the big cartels don't deal with street shit they wholesale it. How many dealers on the street do you think the Colombian cartels have in the US? Even the Mexican cartels, who are essentially middle men sell it wholesale it to street gangs in America. You're an idiot, the big money has always been in wholesaling bulk amounts rather than being in control of the people selling shit on the street.

All of the big cartels don't deal with street shit they wholesale it. How many dealers on the street do you think the Colombian cartels have in the US? Even the Mexican cartels, who are essentially middle men sell it wholesale it to street gangs in America. You're an idiot, the big money has always been in wholesaling bulk amounts rather than being in control of the people selling shit on the street.
This is a very bad example because Colombian and Mexican cartels naturally control import routes and production. These cartels also have / had private armies and engaged in quasi civil-war against their own national goverments at some point.
These couple of Irish gingers don't have shit except a connection at the port.

You really think that some Irishmen are controlling anything outside of Ireland? Let me guess you are some Murrcan plastic irish who thinks that the Irish are bad ass? gtfo kid.

I can't be the only one that figures that when he's fully done with the sport he's either going to end up like the new Bronson or broke and destitute can I?

This is a very bad example because Colombian and Mexican cartels naturally control import routes and production. These cartels also have / had private armies and engaged in quasi civil-war against their own national goverments at some point.

You really think that some Irishmen are controlling anything outside of Ireland? Let me guess you are some Murrcan plastic irish who thinks that the Irish are bad ass? gtfo kid.

Ugh, did you just call me kid? Your input to this thread has been cringey enough but that was the cherry on top, stop trying to act like a badass, you're on the internet you Russian dork.

And nobody is saying the Kinahan's control anything on the street outside Ireland but as high level importers/wholesalers they absolutely do sell to other criminal organisations in Europe yeah, that's what people at that level do. I mean this is a well documented part of the drugs trade, importers/wholesalers having the capital and links to import the stuff from the source then breaking it up and distributing it to smaller criminal gangs who do the street dealing.

And I'm also Italian, no idea what you have against the Irish, but your cringey know it all attitude is grating, especially seeing as how ignorant you clearly are.

I can't be the only one that figures that when he's fully done with the sport he's either going to end up like the new Bronson or broke and destitute can I?
He'll probably live off his investments, definitely become an Influencer peddling shit.

Ugh, did you just call me kid? Your input to this thread has been cringey enough but that was the cherry on top, stop trying to act like a badass, you're on the internet you Russian dork.

And nobody is saying the Kinahan's control anything on the street outside Ireland but as high level importers/wholesalers they absolutely do sell to other criminal organisations in Europe yeah, that's what people at that level do. I mean this is a well documented part of the drugs trade, importers/wholesalers having the capital and links to import the stuff from the source then breaking it up and distributing it to smaller criminal gangs who do the street dealing.

And I'm also Italian, no idea what you have against the Irish, but your cringey know it all attitude is grating, especially seeing as how ignorant you clearly are.
Are you Italian or Eye-Talian? There's a difference.
So you are Murrcan plastic Irish, too? That would explain a lot.

While I am certainly not a first hand expert, allow me to attempt to explain the Kinahans through my understanding of Irish Republican organizations, and global organized crime, that I received from working at an internship in college through several US intelligence/law enforcement agencies. The source of the Kinahan’s power is not through footsoldiers on the ground, it’s through money. After the Good Friday agreement was signed, the PIRA became split. Those that accepted the agreement had two choices, either disarm and live as civilians, or utilize their talents as criminals and continue their activities, only this time for profit rather than Irish unity (a third group formed which is currently fighting the criminal element, although its suspected that this group is just trying to establish control themselves rather than for any noble purpose of ending drug dealing). The Kinahans were already an established crime family, working in boxing, gambling, and narcotics, but on a much smaller scale than today. When the former republicans joined the Kinahans, they brought with the old IRA smuggling routes not only into Ireland, but into Spain via the ETA, as well as connections to the Irish mob in Boston and New York. As the nineties lead to the Celtic Tiger economy in Ireland, as well as the dawn of the Internet age, the Kinahans control of sports betting (legal and otherwise) was drastically expanded. Through smart investments in legal enterprises, the Kinahans amassed a fortune, and their connections, through the IRA, allowed them to offer distribution of narcotics to Mexican cartels. This distribution allows the Kinahans to purchase drugs at a wholesale cost from the cartels, who have a vested interest in propping up the Kinahans so they can access their distribution networks through Spain and NI. The Kinahans, in turn, can exercise influence by choosing who they sell their drugs to. Since they’re one of the few choices, as a street gang you either have to buy from them, or find your own way to smuggle the drugs you wish to sell, which is outside the realm of possibility for most street level gangs. If the Kinahans ever need muscle inEurope they can just contract it out to Eastern European groups, they don’t need to do it themselves. They maintain control because they’re mutually beneficial to both the Mexicans, who don’t have to worry about distribution, and the street gangs, because they don’t have to worry about supply. So foot soldiers in Europe aren’t necessary.

They have a bit more than a connection at a port. The Kinahans and other Irish gangsters have been operating out of Spain for decades. The Kinahans are also deeply involved in the world of boxing now so you'd be very naive by underestimating their network

While I am certainly not a first hand expert, allow me to attempt to explain the Kinahans through my understanding of Irish Republican organizations, and global organized crime, that I received from working at an internship in college through several US intelligence/law enforcement agencies. The source of the Kinahan’s power is not through footsoldiers on the ground, it’s through money. After the Good Friday agreement was signed, the PIRA became split. Those that accepted the agreement had two choices, either disarm and live as civilians, or utilize their talents as criminals and continue their activities, only this time for profit rather than Irish unity (a third group formed which is currently fighting the criminal element, although its suspected that this group is just trying to establish control themselves rather than for any noble purpose of ending drug dealing). The Kinahans were already an established crime family, working in boxing, gambling, and narcotics, but on a much smaller scale than today. When the former republicans joined the Kinahans, they brought with the old IRA smuggling routes not only into Ireland, but into Spain via the ETA, as well as connections to the Irish mob in Boston and New York. As the nineties lead to the Celtic Tiger economy in Ireland, as well as the dawn of the Internet age, the Kinahans control of sports betting (legal and otherwise) was drastically expanded. Through smart investments in legal enterprises, the Kinahans amassed a fortune, and their connections, through the IRA, allowed them to offer distribution of narcotics to Mexican cartels. This distribution allows the Kinahans to purchase drugs at a wholesale cost from the cartels, who have a vested interest in propping up the Kinahans so they can access their distribution networks through Spain and NI. The Kinahans, in turn, can exercise influence by choosing who they sell their drugs to. Since they’re one of the few choices, as a street gang you either have to buy from them, or find your own way to smuggle the drugs you wish to sell, which is outside the realm of possibility for most street level gangs. If the Kinahans ever need muscle inEurope they can just contract it out to Eastern European groups, they don’t need to do it themselves. They maintain control because they’re mutually beneficial to both the Mexicans, who don’t have to worry about distribution, and the street gangs, because they don’t have to worry about supply. So foot soldiers in Europe aren’t necessary.

tl; dr

just kidding this was a good read. I did not know that they had some former IRA elements. certainly not just a bunch of bums.

They have a bit more than a connection at a port. The Kinahans and other Irish gangsters have been operating out of Spain for decades. The Kinahans are also deeply involved in the world of boxing now so you'd be very naive by underestimating their network
yeah people have to look at reality. The reality is that Ireland is the only country in western Europe to frankly have been terribly fucked up very recently. With that comes radicalized criminal networks with ties to other western powers. It's not unique but it is a recipe for money and power.

Isnt this dapper dons gang?

If yes then yeah its more about brain and connections than muscle

tl; dr

just kidding this was a good read. I did not know that they had some former IRA elements. certainly not just a bunch of bums.
They certainly weren’t bums before the Good Friday Agreement, but the connections to Spain, and the problems with the Hutchs in the autonomous region, indicates that they have some former IRA connections. They were powerful before that, though, through their control of gambling, but opening up smuggling brought them into the next level.

Back