Fame caught JDS

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Raziel82, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Raziel82

Raziel82 Brown Belt

In his last pre-fight interview before facing Cain (which lasted about 8 minutes), he spends 3 minutes talking about his 4 sponsors on his shirt, 2 minutes about his new physique, 1 minute how he will KO Cain again and how he wants to break all UFC HW records. The rest of the time he spends on how he's going to shut Alistairs mouth.

I think he was overly confident and he maybe has to many yes-man around him in Brazil. He should've focused 100 percent on Cain (not sponsors, not talking so much other shit). That's just my opinion. I've said this a few times before they 2 actually fought. He's overlooking Cain.

By the way. Overeem during the fight also (for the first time) started talking shit about JDS (before the fight the only bad thing he ever said about JDS was more of a hype thing, he is scared of me blablaba). Bad character.

Anyway. I hope JDS finds back his humility. That's what I liked most about him before. A humble non-trashtalking heavyweight fighter.

2. Bear Man

Bear Man Brown Belt

So did Cain.

3. RaggedyRooster

RaggedyRooster Blue Belt

Cain's punches caught him also

4. KoreanZawmbie

KoreanZawmbie Black Belt

People have said the same thing about Cain, that he lost his hunger after winning the title.

Who knows, you might be right TS. After the KO loss Cain came back with a vengeance and destroyed both Big Foot and JDS in his wake.

5. p41n

p41n White Belt

You have a Point. JDS didn't have the same "Im gonna f you up"-stare as he had against gonzaga or crocop. Maybe this fight is his wakeup call.

6. kaufman03

kaufman03 Purple Belt

cains first round big punch caught him that's all we watched zombie jds rest of the fight

if he just gave up the fight we would talk about instant rematch now

7. Someone88

Someone88 Silver Belt

I don't know TS. I think Dos Santos trained hard but maybe during the fight he got complacent, he looked to be in control when he was defending the takedowns in the first round. That right hand Cain landed really hurt him then from then on he struggled a lot more.

Dos Santos should come back strong, also he was and is still humble.

8. RaggedyRooster

RaggedyRooster Blue Belt

He had it,his face was just changing alot

[​IMG]

9. oldschool281

oldschool281 White Belt

I could see how that would happen. After the tear he was on torching all of his opponents. But the right hand Cain landed in the first round took a lot out JDS. He will come back better then ever. Cain vs JDS 3 will be interesting that for sure.

10. The Todd

The Todd Brown Belt

the 1st fight KO gave him false confidence and maybe a belief that cain would somehow be intimidated by him. If there was just a shred of this thought in his head before the fight it could have been enough to make him not perform as he can.

11. superslime

superslime Orange Belt

So is JDS face the new Shad face?

12. Silverstar17

Silverstar17 Red Belt

I agree. Sometimes a loss is the best thing that can happen to a fighter to make him better and to really achieve greatness.

Success is not a given and you have to work so hard to be the best. Cain did that and won. I hope JDS can return better and I believe he has what it takes.

And I agree with your last point as well. I liked him better without the trash talk. I think Overeem got in to his head somehow and that played a factor in JDS preparation. Cain is just way to good to be overlooked. JDS has to be at his best to beat him and even then it

13. elzar

elzar Red Belt

he got complacent, or he was affected after getting nailed?

14. LogicalError

LogicalError Purple Belt

No, there is only one Shadface.

15. Someone88

Someone88 Silver Belt

Dos Santos got hit with a very hard shot, I don't think he was expecting the right hand to hurt him that much. He was more worried about takedowns he said that himself. But yep the punch affected him after.

16. Which Doctor

Which Doctor The ATT Heel Stable/Faction Belt

#mybusiness w/ Heenan, Bockwinkle, & Covington
    F.A.M.E. - Frank "ARCANE" Mir's Evil-eye

[​IMG]

17. ncboy

ncboy Brown Belt

I c what you did there

18. JT RIPPER

JT RIPPER Black Belt

It's the typical "hungry to WIN the title" and then "fighting not to LOSE" it

19. Tier1 Operator

Tier1 Operator Brown Belt

If you know, I will have to eliminate you
    I watched ufc 155 on Fox en espanol and the commentators were saying when JDS arrived a week earlier in vegas he had 8 packed vans with all of his entourage and when cain arrived he only had two persons his trainer and DC.

During the interviews i did get a little sence that JDS was overlooking cain and a sence that fame did get to him. Just my opinion.

20. giantveggie

giantveggie Green Belt

Before the fight Dana White was saying that if JDS touches you, you go down... I seem to remember these two guys Roy Nelson and Shane Carwin that he couldn't finish. I think he got sucked into thinking he could knock anybody out at any time. JDS is a good fighter. Congratulations to our new American champion Cain Velasquez! USA! USA! USA!